4. Actions Mean Consequences

Miah knew if he hurt her in any sort of way, I would've pulled the trigger.
Stupid barsted! Lucky I didn't kill you in an instant.
In that moment, anger consumed me, my blood was boiling, and my eyes felt like they were bloodshot.

The main thing is, everybody is safe.
What a fucking night, this has turned out to be.

Suddenly, Robert's dad came over. He saw me standing there, sweat dripped from my forehead, and my eyes looked like I just went on a killing spree.

"Are you all okay?" Malcolm asked
"Yes!" We all beamed at once
"Katie, can I have a word please?" Malcolm asked

I looked at Robert, then looked at Miah. What have I done now? Please don't say he's going to fire me, I was only doing what I thought was right. Oh dear god!

I nodded at Malcolm. He took me round the corner, looked at me, took a deep breath, and looked down at the floor, then let out a sigh.

"I heard you were using a gun?" Malcolm asked

Why is he being nosey for? It's not like I pulled the trigger, and murdered him in cold blood. I'm not Jeffrey Dahmer ffs!

"Yes I did, but that was only because he had it. He was threatening to shoot Miah, so I whacked him with a glass bottle. Snatched the gun, and pointed it at him until the police arrived. I protected Miah, because she's my best friend. To be honest with you, I'd happily do it again. If it meant landing me in prison for protecting my best friend" I replied

Malcolm let out a warming smile.

"You do know my hotel is a no violence policy? And who is this Miah?" Malcolm asked

"I know your hotel is no violence policy, as I said before, I will protect my best friend at any cost. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. Her name is Miah Stone" I answered

"Miah is my niece, I didn't recognise her at first. Thank you for protecting her, and standing your ground. Please, try not to kill anybody" Malcolm cried

"I won't" I responded

"How did you know how to use a gun anyway?" Malcolm asked curiously

"My dad. He was in the army for 10 years, taught me everything he knew including: combat" I replied

"I see. Where is he now?" Malcolm asked

Why does he want to know? It's none of his business? I guess he's interested, considering the events what have happened tonight.

"He passed away over a year ago" I replied

Malcolm looked shocked, he looked like he wasn't expecting that sort of news. Malcolm looked guilty for even asking. Malcolm looked at me, took a deep breath, and walked over to Robert.

I'm guessing that was the end our delightful conversation then. Wants to know my business and fucks off. What a wonderful world we live in.

I walk over to Miah, who is still shocked, scared, and her voice continues to tremble. I give her a hug, and tell her everything is okay.

"Robert?" Malcolm asked
"Yes father?" Robert replied
"Could you take Miah to her hotel room please?"
"Yes father" Robert answered

I gave Miah one last hug, and told her if she needed anything she could call me.
Miah smiled, and walked to the hotel with Robert. I'm glad she's okay, I wouldn't of forgiven myself if she died tonight.

I went to walk back in the club, when Malcolm grabbed me by the arm. Not tight or anything.

"You think that's wise?" Malcolm asked

I looked at him, I knew where he was coming from. But I'm okay, I'm a strong women and I've overcome a lot of things in my life.
Believe me.

"I'm okay Malcolm, I'm only going to have a drink. Then I'm leaving, I promise" I answered

Malcolm nodded and let me go.
I walked back into the bar, and ordered myself a cocktail.
All I could think about was Miah's face, the scared look she had after she was threatened. The more I think about it, the more I beat myself up about it.
I shouldn't do, because it weren't my fault.

I should've looked out for her, and I didn't. I didn't see her get taken. I felt so shit about it.
The more I think about it, the tears started to flood my eyes.
Come on Katie, you're a strong ass women! You're okay!

I took a deep breath, and drank a couple of sips from my cocktail.

22:30pm

Robert walked into the club, I wasn't drinking. I only had one, and that was it. I was just chilling in my booth, scrolling through social media and texting Miah.

Robert came and sat down in front of me, oh my god. He was a goddess. His eyes just glowed. I could stare at him all day. He was gorgeous.

I cleared my throat, turned my phone off, and took a deep breath.

"You okay?" Robert asked
"I'm okay, is Miah okay?" I replied
"Yes she's okay. What you did was very brave, I couldn't of done that" Robert responded
"Thank you, I would do it again to protect her. She's the closest thing I have to family" I answered
"You not close with your family?" Robert asked

I felt like he was trying to figure me out. It was kinda working. The only bad thing is about Robert, he's nosey like his dad.

"No, not really" I replied

I let out a sigh...
-long pause-

"Anyway I'm going to go, enjoy the rest of your night" I responded
"You're leaving already?" Robert asked
"Yeah, I'm quite tired. See you Tuesday" I replied

Robert nodded.
I decided to walk back to my flat, I wasn't scared of the dark, and I wasn't afraid of people.
I used to be, not anymore.
Suddenly, Robert came running out and stopped me.
I cleared my throat. What does he want now? I thought.

"I'll walk you home" Robert insisted
"No thank you, I can take of myself" I cried

He could see that I was a stubborn women, I could take care of myself. I maybe small, but I'm strong for a midget.
It was nice of him though. I wonder why he wanted to walk me home.
Did his dad order him too?

"You're a stubborn women" Robert laughed
"Yes, I am. Good night" I responded

I carried on walking, until I reached my block of flats, I took my heels off at the exit door.
Walked up the flight of stairs, put my key in, turned the handle and opened the door.
I shut the door behind me.

I wiped all my make up off, tied my hair up in a bun, slid into something comfy and off I went to bed. I was out of it.

The next morning, I heard the sound of somebody banging my door down, what the fuck is going on?
I've got a hangover, I cannot be arsed to deal with this shit.

I walked towards the door, and looked through the peephole.

Oh My God!

It was the police...