CHAPTER I

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ America pov ]

" Follow me, sir. "

my spirit woke up when I heard the old woman's voice again. I didn't do anything but follow him as She started walking towards somewhere.

As we walked, I caught a glimpse of some parts of Sinclaire Academy. We passed a wide open field. The grass here is trimmed and it is surrounded by different kinds of trees, so the breeze seems cool here.I can't deny that this place is very beautiful and big. My neck almost broke when I looked around. I'm sure I'll get lost here, I'm still the type of person who is not good at directions. l should probably ask the vampire lady for a map,but l rather not say anything to her.

They said it's a privilege to be accepted in this place. But right now, l don't feel so privileged, in fact, as l followed the vampire lady,l started to feel like l was walking to my own doom.

Okay, maybe I'm just overreacting Because I'm nervous.

Based from what l've read on the student handbook, drinking human blood is strictly prohibited in this place.The vampires that go here are under blood diet and they are required to take an 'alternative ' to quench their thirst.

I took a deep breath when I saw where the old woman and I were going. There is a metal gate at the end of the path we are walking now, Engraved on it is the crest of Sinclaire Academy and written below the word ' dusk. '

The gate opened automatically when we got in front of it. We went inside and walked down the cemented driveway to a building that looked like a mansion. It is quite far from the gate and is surrounded by trees.

According to the handbook, humans' dormitory is called Dusk. It is far from the main road of the academy because it stands in the middle of the forest. It is said that the female students reside in the east wing while the male students reside in the west wing.

I almost hit the old woman's back when she stopped walking. She faced me and looked me straight in the eye.

"I'll stop here, Sir America. You can find your room on your own. That's not hard to find." She said and then looked at me from head to toe as if she was judging whether I would stay in this place or not.

Does she do this to all the transfer students or just to me ?

" Have a great first day and again, wellcome to Sinclaire Academy," She added before she turned and walked out into the dusk.

l bit my lower lip. First day are never great.

I took a deep breath and then opened the door of my future dorm. I expected many people to greet me as I entered, but I didn't see one. The entire ground floor is quiet and there is no one here. I looked at my wristwatch and saw 6:45 a.m. just yet. It's not breakfast time yet so maybe the students are still in their rooms.

It's been a week since classes started here at Sinclaire Academy. This is one of the reasons why I am nervous now. Other students are already comfortable in their classes, while I am just starting.

I went up a large staircase-that looked like something from the Titanic-that divided the girls and boys room. When I reached the top step of the stairs leading to the west wing, a row of doors opened up to me. I took from my bag the paper that was given to me when I arrived earlier and then I looked at the room number of my dorm room. I blew my bangs that had been blocking my face and then I held my bag tighter.

Okay, Room 51, where are you?.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

AFTER ten minutes, I also found my room. It's a good thing I saw it right away because I felt like my shoulder was about to give way because of the weight of the bag I was carrying. I was about to raise my hand to knock on the door, but it suddenly opened and revealed the face of a man smiling widely.