Chapter Twenty-Five

There was a life that I never thought about before Emily, there was a life I thought about during Emily and now there's a life after Emily.

I still think about her sometimes.

The one I left behind. The one I left with all my burdens, the one I wished I could've loved differently. The one I wished maybe something I could've been less aggressive with.

Looking back now,

Emily was just doing what she thought was right.

Emily pushed me to open my eyes and I don't blame her.

Why would I blame her?

Emily,

I know you'll never read this, but this is my thank you. I thought this would be the FU to our love, but it isn't.

Emily,

I just want you to know that I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Emily,

I'm sorry for feeling like I was the more important one in the relationship.

I'm sorry for making you feel like you were supposed to play second best to someone who didn't know better. I'm sorry for making you feel like you were supposed to play second best to someone who'd never experience love before. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. I'm sorry for letting my ego get the better of me. I'm sorry for always saying "At least I don't hit you.", I'm sorry for never listening to you when you wanted a fairytale love after all the years.

Now that I have this all off my shoulders, I can tell you that I've found a new part of myself.

I've fallen in love, surprisingly. This time I'm happy with them. They're not Emily but at least our

love is two-sided.