─ 08. shocking revelations

Start from the beginning

“How? I-I mean why?” I asked, rubbing my temples.

My parents had reached out two days ago, demanding that I come and live with them.
Why? They’ve never cared about me before?

Why now?

It doesn’t make sense. They must want something.

Vic’s lips pulled back into a sneer, as Sang laid a hand upon his arm – as if to calm him.

“They want money,” he scoffed, malice clear in his tone.

“They’ve blown all the money I’d given them, and they want to use you to make more. If we refuse…” he trialed off, laying his head in his hands.

Mr. B eyes hardened, “In simple terms, they plan to bring Victor to court for kidnapping their underage daughter.”

“What?” the words were acid on my tongue.

I could hardly get the words out.

Court? Kidnapping?

Oh my crackers.

“B-but they left me! I was living on my own for a month before Victor took me to live here!” those were some of the darkest parts of my life. I didn’t like to revisit those.

“I know,” Vic sighed, North placed his heavy palm on my head and smiled sadly.

“We have no proof, muffin. I doubt we could get ourselves out of this."

Honestly, there was only one option left.

I had to go.

“So…I have to leave.”

“—No! No, we’ll find another way. I’m not letting you leave Charleston.” Vic argued, lips thinned.

I pursed my lips and let my shoulders drop.

“I have to. I can’t have you get into trouble because of me. The academy could help but it’ll be more trouble than it’s worth to involve them. Look, the longest I’ll be gone will probably be only a couple months.”

Vic opened his mouth to argue as the others slumped their shoulder, “You know I’m right, Vic. Please.” I said softly, eyes downcast.

“Can we talk about this more tomorrow? I’m tired.”

Even though I had basically slept the entire day, I was tired. Mentally tired.

Without waiting for a reply, I left the room.

***

THIRD POV

Inside the guest bedroom of Jungkook’s house, he stood in between Selene’s widely spread legs, expression blank.

His tattooed hand fisted his cock as Selene’s begs and whimpers went in one ear and out the other, as he gripped her thigh that was hiked across his clothed hip.

He clenched his teeth and felt nothing but disgust as he prepared to sheath himself inside another women that wasn't his sweet little Elena.