"no," she grunted and then glanced at the food again. "there's too much. i'm not eating that," she huffed and turned the other way.

but grace only smiled. "that would be a shame. the breakfast is lovely," she let out a small sigh. "i guess only dante and the animals can eat,"

el instantly turned back. "animals can't eat that! it'll make my puppies sick!"

"they're healthy nutritional food i measured. nothing too oily or fulfilling." grace told her and el stood on her tippy toes and peeked over.

"i want just eggs..."

"with cereal or yogurt?"

el glared. "just eggs,"

"that wouldn't be enough, sweetie," grace told her sweetly. "why don't you give it a try first?"

her head turned to face dante and he gave her an encouraging nod. "just try,"

she frowned and mumbled something before sitting down on a dining room chair. "but... can i not eat the..." she pointed at some caramel drizzle in the yogurt and grace smiled from ear to ear.

then, she took a spoon and gently scooped it out. "better?"

a smile began to form on el's face and she looked down shyly. "yes..." she responded quietly. "thank you,"

grace stood back with a smile and gave dante a small nod.

he sat down next to el, digging into his own breakfast as he observed el's expression. "good?"

her eyes twinkled. "i guess..." she avoided his gaze. "shh," she bent down and shoved her face with food to avoid conversation.

looking over at grace, dante smiled and gave a thankful nod before sneaking some eggs to the puppies.

el side glanced. "i saw that,"

he gave her an innocent look. "no, you didn't,"

she glared, looking under the glass dining table to call the pups over to lay by her leg.

finishing off her eggs, el tried her best to finish at least half of her yogurt and cereal, staying silent as she forced herself to gulp it down.

once done, she wiped her mouth gently and leaned over to whisper into dante's ear. "gonna go stab,"

he held onto her hand before she left her seat and she instantly frowned.

"not today, okay?" he eyed grace. "grace examined your medicine, el. she says you might benefit more from—"

she removed her hand from his. "i'm not going to therapy! it won't—"

"piccolo, i haven't finished." he held back a small chuckle. "a different medication."

el looked over at the young nurse with the softest and genuine smile. "but... it'll..."

"there's nothing to worry about, sweetie. i haven't known you that long, i'll observe you for a little longer first."

"but my friends," her gaze drifted back to dante and her voice cracked, tears forming. "i cant lose them,"

she wiped her tears with her sleeve, dapping on the corner.

"your meds haven't been helping, el," dante told her gently. "i want you to get better,"

"and if i don't want to get better? i like my life! what's wrong with it!? nothing ever goes my way!" she stood up, stomping a feet as she shoved the wooden chair, storming away down the hall.

dante stood, about to follow her but grace stopped him. "let her be alone,"

utter confusion consumed him and he furrowed his brows.