7

Roman Mulan.

"I be tryna tell you, Leave that stuff alone

"I be tryna tell you, Leave that stuff alone. You're doing so much better and you don't need another setback, Mulan." My mama eyed me down before turning back around to tend to her pot of neck-bones and red beans.

I came over here to see her since we hadn't spent time together in a while. A nigga promised to come see her and my sister.

"Ma I know. I haven't been doin any stuff." I chuckled.

My mama knew about the lifestyle I ran prior to this and her biggest fear was me falling back into it.

"I'm just making sure. I'm so proud of you Mulan. I just want you to see how far your actual talent will take you. The fast life isn't the best life baby." She stirred her pot and turned the fire down.

"Thank you ma. I won't go back to any of that shit for real. Imma keep my clean slate and continue doing the right thing." I smiled at my mom and she smiled back before wrapping me in a hug.

"Mhm. I believe you." She released me before turning to the fridge and grabbing herself a drink.

I just sat back and thought about how I told Nani I would come over and scoop her so she could spend the day with me. She has gotten a little attached to me and I liked that shit. Now I needed her as obsessed as I was.

"Mumu! Can you take me to hang with my friends?" My sister Milan came from the living room.

"Nicole, Why you always wanna go somewhere? You been out with that girl Liaan all week! Y'all driving me crazy." My mom called Milan by her middle name before rolled her eyes and going back to glare at Milan who was now looking down.

"Mommy you said it was okay since it was summer. We ain't do nun all school year." Milan got ready to use her puppy dog eyes. My mama wouldn't fall for that shit though.

I decided to lighten the mood. "You made a new friend, mama?" I smiled at her.

She nodded her head with a smile now plastered on her round face. "Yea! Her name is Liaan and we met at dance practice." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Go ahead and hang with her. I want you back here at 6:30pm. When dinner is done. Do you hear me?" Ma gave Milan a stern look.

Milan just nodded her head and jumped up to grab her Marc Jacobs purse. I guess she anticipated me taking her before I even got here.

"Ight, Imma go drop her off ma. I'll come back over here in a min." I hugged my mom before kissing the side of her face. She just nodded and sipped her drink.