What a nice way to say goodbye

It's been a week and alex and I are cool now. Things have been good. Today I wanted to go out for coffee, by myself.

I get ready and feel like going out and getting coffee today.

"Where are you going?" Milo asked loudly. "Shush! Alex will stop me from going out. I'm just getting coffee." I said. Milo rolled his eyes. "Take my car." He said and handed me his keys.

"Thanks!" I said and left. Thank you Milo! I quickly got out of there before Alex could stop me.
__________________________________
I pulled up in Starbucks and got my coffee. I parked in their parking lot and Frank my coffee as I scrolled on my phone.

As I expected Alex texted me.

Alex
Rory where the hell are you? We need you home.

I didn't respond. I drank the rest of my coffee before going home. Alex is probably making a big deal about whatever this is so I didn't speed home.
__________________________________
I got home and everyone was waiting for me. "What is it?" I asked while walking inside. "Rory you don't get to go out without me knowing! You could've gotten hurt!" Alex yelled at me.

Jesus! "Fine!" I yelled and walked past him walking to everyone else on the couch. "So what's up?" I asked Milo while slouching on the couch.

Then Alex came and sat by me. I rolled my eyes. I mean he had a right to be worried. He's part of a dangerous mafia and I was out alone.

"Well my mom is coming to visit and Milo and I want you and Devi to meet her." Alex said. Wow. This is still an arrangement and he wants me to meet his mom?

"Of course! When is she coming?" I asked. "Today." Milo said. Devi looked really happy knowing the thing between her and Milo is real.

I smiled at Devi and Milo before getting up and walking to the kitchen to grab a drink. Alex followed me.

"Listen. I'm just worried when you go out alone." He said. "I know." I spoke. "Do you understand why?" He asked. "Yep." I replied. He mumbled something but I didn't know what.

He looked at his phone. "Mom is almost here!" He called out the Milo. Milo grabbed Devi's hand and they came into the kitchen where we were.

I want what Devi and Milo have. "Should I get ready? Like out on something nice?" I asked. "No no. My mom likes casual." Alex stopped me.

"So what's your mom like?" I asked. "Well super nice, broke up with my dad obviously, smart, good cook, not the best driver." Alex laughed.

"She sounds wonderful!" Devi exclaimed.
__________________________________
A few minutes later Alex said that his mom is here.

"She's pulling in!" Alex said and got up immediately. He rushed to the door. Milo also went out as Devi and I walked to the kitchen. "I'm nervous." Devi said.

"Don't worry. She'll definitely love you." I hugged her. We saw Alex and Milo bring in 2 bags. Their mom wasn't staying long. Only for a week.

They set her bags down then she appeared. Who will she hug first. "Awe you girls are gorgeous." She said and hugged us both and the same time. Awe.

"Thank you Mrs. Dalton. Alex has told me a lot about you." I smiled. "Please call me Jess." She said. I nodded. She hugged Alex and Milo.

"So how's the marriage going?" She asked as she sat down at the counter. "Mom it's an arrangement remember?" Alex said. That kinda hurt. I keep making myself think that maybe it could be more. But it will never.

"Well with Devi and I, it's kinda serious." Milo walked up to Devi and kissed her cheek. "Cute! What about you and Aurora?" Jess asked.

"Call me Rory." I told her. She smiled and nodded. "Well Alex answer my question!" She joked and hit his arm. "It's not that serious." He said.