"Here, Amisha, I forgot to introduce you to Mr. Siddharth Shekhawat, my new business partner," he said.

Amisha looked at Siddharth, who was already gazing at her, causing her to tighten her hold on Vivaan's hand. Vivaan was also confused by his wife's behavior, but he brushed off the feeling and all of them moved for dinner.

"So, I wonder, what do you do, Amisha - I mean, Mrs. Oberoi?" Siddharth asked suddenly, making both of them look at him.

"I am going to be a lawyer, Mr. Shekhawat," she answered confidently, not wanting him to assume anything wrong about her, fearing that he might see her as the weak old Amisha he once knew who could easily get influenced.

Siddharth was too stunned by her unwavering confidence because he had assumed she would stutter, given how she was diverting her gaze and avoiding any eye contact with him since he arrived.

"I must say, you're very lucky to have her as your wife, Vivaan," Siddharth addressed him informally. Vivaan's lips curled into a proud grin, and he replied, "Indeed, I am."

"You know, I had one ex-girlfriend who was just like you - Mrs. Oberoi," he said the last two words in a playful tone, leaning in her direction.

She clutched tightly onto her fork, but before she could make any statement, Vivaan intervened, saying, "But she is my wife, Mr. Shekhawat, and you don't know her enough to compare her with any of your exes."

He didn't like the way Siddharth said it and noticed how much Siddharth was trying to interact with his wife.

He wasn't blind to not notice the continuous stares. If Siddharth dared to talk to her again, Vivaan wouldn't stay silent. He was just observing him for a little more time; if Siddharth dared to talk to her again, he would end the deal.

As soon as Siddharth left, Amisha went into her room, and Vivaan went after her. He saw her coming out of the bathroom, changed into her nightwear. He cleared his throat to get her attention, but she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear him.

She didn't even realize he came closer to her until she felt his warm breath on her neck, and he said, 'Earth to Wifey,' with a cute grin on his face.

He held her hand and then sat on the couch, making her sit on his lap. He wrapped his arm over her waist when she lowered down her face, looking at his lap with a thin line of lips on her face.

He held her hand on her thigh, and that's when she looked up to him, asking, "What happened and don't lie to me?" He said it more like a warning to her not to lie.

"Just worried about law, nothing else" she answered.

"Don't, Amisha" this time he did sound scary and serious, making her gulp, knowing that there was no point in lying.

"It's nothing, please, I don't want to talk about all of this" she answered truthfully, as she didn't want to tell him about Siddharth, thinking it would be useless to ruin his mood because of her past, and she also couldn't lie since she was bad at it or maybe he was so intelligent to catch her lies.

"Fine, tell me whenever you feel like" he said, and she genuinely smiled at him.

"You know, I missed you a lot today, like a lot" he said in a childish voice and snuggled his head against her chest moving his head just like a kid.

She chuckled at his behavior and encircled her arms around his neck, ruffling her hand through his hair, soothing him, making him feel the lions.

(*imagine him feeling Butterflies odd right? Then let's go with lions 😏)

His hands moved up to her bare waist when a knock came, and Amisha shifted on his lap, making him groan.

She felt confused for a bit when she felt something poking her but was landed down on the couch when he got up in a hurry and went to the washroom. Shrugging off her thoughts, she opened the door, and Shalini was standing there.

"Did I disturb something?" She asked teasingly, raising her eyebrows.

Amisha didn't reply to her and bit her lips in embarrassment.

"What happened, mom? Come inside. Why are you standing?" she said, ignoring her previous question.

"No, no, it's already very late, and today I also came late from the NGO. I came here to tell you this; I'm going out for a few days to Chandigarh for my cousin sister's daughter's wedding. I'll come in a week or two," Shalini informed, and Amisha nodded.

"You go and come safely, mom. Don't worry about here. I'll manage everything. You just enjoy," she replied, making Shalini give her a warm smile.

"I know, Amisha. That's why I am not worried because I know my daughter is there to handle that pig, and I am tension-free. By the way, how did Vivaan's deal go?" She asked,

and Amisha's face colors went off, remembering the dinner, but she faked a smile and replied, "It went well, mom." Then both of them exchanged good night's, and Shalini went to her room.

She locked the door and turned around to hear the shower sound, and that's when it struck in her mind what she did, but due to embarrassment, she quickly turned off the lights and went to bed as she didn't want to face him yet.

He came outside, and seeing her asleep, his nose scrunched up, and he mumbled, "I'll take the revenge of these cold showers with endless shower sessions."

With that, a smirk appeared on his face, and he felt something down there and groaned,"Oh God! Her thoughts are enough. Oh no, I'm tired. Not again! Ughh! I just came!" He faked crying, but the woman was unaware of what she was doing to the poor man.

❄️

(*Two days after Siddharth's visit)

No one was at home today as Vivaan had already gone to the office, and as Shalini had mentioned earlier, she went to Chandigarh in the morning. It was an off day at the firm, which usually occurs on Wednesdays and Sundays, so she was alone at home.

She was binge-watching, of course, after a long time she got to enjoy it; otherwise, with her dear husband, it was impossible to complete any show because he never let her say anything about the male cast.

How can she live without drooling over them?
Once, while watching a movie, she was so impressed by the male lead that without her realization, words escaped, "he's so hot," with a wide-open mouth.

He turned around and turned off the show. He started opening his shirt buttons and said, "see, I'm here for you to drool. Don't drool over any other man. I have a better body you have never ever seen before."

He ended his sentence with a smirk, so proud of himself, or to be more precise, his hotness, but his pride was beaten when she said, "I've seen better than yours." She said and he made her lay on the couch and ....After that, what happened? 😏

Before she could complete her past flashbacks, there was a knock on the door, and she went to check as no workers were also present today. She gave them a day off; they also deserve it, right?

She opened the door, but before she could slam it back, she was pushed backwards with a strong force, and the person shut the door without locking it, obviously.

"What the hell do you want, cheater?" she said, emphasizing the word "cheater."

The person fumed in rage and tightly held her arm. She didn't like him touching her bare arm.
"Leave me, Siddharth, you bastard! How dare you touch me, and moreover, come to my house! Leave before I call the cops!"

"I am here to get you back," he said and smirked, leaving her in a pool of confusion and making her think of all the mental hospitals she could recall at the moment, as it was needful.

_____

Words- 2018