"Mumma I am so excited to go there. Hum na waha pr bahut masti krnege. Main nanu aur nani ke sath bahut kheloongi. Main badi nani se apni favourite dishes bhi banwaoongi", Anaira said dreaming about all the fun she would have there. Akshara rolled her eyes.

"Haa jaise yha toh main tujhe kuch bna ke deti hi nhi hoon na. Sab nani hi banati hai", muttered Akshara. Abhi snickered but stopped himself from giving any comment.

"Okay, so the packing is done. Ab tum dono idhar aaoo. Papa ko apse kuch baat krni hai",  said Abhi and sat on the bed. Abhir and Anaira come to him. Abhi puts both of his kids on the lap.

"Aap dono 3 days ke liye Nani ke house jaa rhe ho. Promise me wha jakar koi shaitani nhi kroge. Nani and Nanu ko zayada disturb nhi kroge. And beta Bade Nanu aur Badi Nani ko toh bilkul disturb nhi kroge. Karam bhaiya se toys ke liye fight nhi kroge. Okay? " Abhi gives them instructions on how to behave there. He knows it is very unlikely they will follow these instructions but still like a good father he tells them.

"Okay, kids papa ne Jo kha hai remember it. Now come on get dressed. We are getting late", Akshara took the kids with her to get them dressed. Abhi clears the remaining mess.

After getting the kids dressed, Akshara went to her room to get ready. Here, Abhi is sitting on the bed in a sombre mood. Akshu had an inclination to what is the reason behind his mood but still like a good wife she asked him the reason for this mood.

"Akshu bache itni khushi khushi packing kr rhe hai. Itne sare plans bna rhe, nani house mai fun krne ke. In sab mai woh yeh bhool gye ki hum dono 3 days ke liye bahar jaa rhe hai. Will they not miss us? Aanu meri stories ke bina kaise soyegi. Junior ke sath football kon khelga, uska maths ka homework kon karvayega?" said Abhi with a pout. Akshu rolled her eyes. Every time they leave the kids Abhi behaves in the same manner.

"First of all Abhi, children are having vacations right now. Toh tumhe Abhir ka maths ka homework krvane ki koi zaroorat nhi hai.
Mere chidkuram, bache nani house jane ke liye excited hai iska Matlab yeh nhi hai ki woh hume miss nhi krnege. Tumhari princess tumhe din mai 20 bar call kregi update dene ke liye.
And Abhi hum dono itne time baad akele jaa rhe sirf hum dono, socho kitna fun krenge hum. So pls, apna mood theek kro", said Akshara and winked at him.

Abhi smiled. It's true. Being alone in Mumbai is the biggest plus point of this trip. Akshara kissed the corner of his lips and went to get ready.

The family got ready and they went to Goenka's house to drop off the kids. "Nanu" shouts Anaira as soon as she enters the house. Karthik who was reading the newspaper rushed to hug his 'chotu princess'. Abhir directly went to his Nani and settled down on her lap. Naira and Karthik are peppering kisses on the kids' faces.

"I miss you so much, Nanu. Aap last week mujhse milne bhi nhi aye", complains Anaira cutely.

"I miss you too, princess. And Nanu is very sorry ki woh apse milne nhi aa sake.  Nanu ko ek bahut important meeting attend krni thi. But ab aap yha aa gye ho na, hum dono bahut sari masti krnege", said Karthik and kissed her cheeks.

"Wow, Papa apni chotu princess ko dekhte hi aap apni original princess ko bhul gye. Haa, haa sahi hai ab mai apke liye itni important thodi na hoon", Akshara pouts. Karthik laughed at her silly face and hugged her tightly.

"Mai apni princess ko kabhi nhi bhool sakta. You are my number 2 girl forever," exclaimed Karthik. Akshu smiled at him and hugged him. She then went to hug all members of her family and Abhi took everyone's blessing.

"Akshu, all the best beta. Hume pta hai tu hi sare awards jeetegi. Tune apni speech prepare kr li haina. 2-3 different variants prepare kiye hai na speech ke" Naira Goenka wishes her daughter.

"Haan, Mumma I have prepared it and thank you so much. I don't know ki mai jeetungi ya nhi but I still am prepared for it", replied Akshu and hugged her mother.

"Haan, bhai jeetengi toh humari beti hi. Abhi beta tum aur Akshu bacho ki bilkul tension mat lena. Hum sab inka bahut ache se dhyaan rakhenge", said Manish Goenka. He is so proud to see his granddaughter reaching great heights in her career and achieving so much.

"I know bade papa, mujhe bacho ki koi tension nhi hai. I know aap log bachon ka bahut ache se dhyan rakhoge. Mumma, aap Aanu aur Junior ko zayada sweets mat dena, yeh dono nhi toh Sara din khudte rahenge. Aap in dono ko raat mai brush zaroor kiva Dena. And Haa no junk food please", instruct Abhi to his inlaws. Naira rolled her eyes at her doctor son in son-in-law.

"I know Abhi. Maine bhi bache bade kiye hai. So tum tension mat lo bilkul bhi. Hum, tumhare bachon ka bahut ache se dhyan rakhenge. Tum meri beti ka dhyan rakhenge. Award function ache se enjoy krna", said Naira to her son-in-law. Everyone laughs at their interaction.

Abhi and Akshara take everyone's blessing and start to go to the airport. They kiss the kids on the forehead of the kids and instruct them to behave properly. Just as Abhi and Akshu start to leave Aanu starts crying loudly. She suddenly realizes her parents are going away for 3 days. Karthik immediately picks her up in his arms and tries to stop her from crying. Akshu and Abhi did not stay to console her because they knew if they turned she would not let them go. Abhi and Akshu sat down in the car and rushed to the airport.

"Akshu, princess theek hogi na," asked Abhi.

"Haa, Abhi she will be alright. You will see within minutes she will be alright. Papa will divert her attention," Akshu assures her husband. They went to the airport to attend the award function.

To be continued

A/N How much fun will kids have in their Nani House? How will Goenkas console Anaira? How will Karthik and Naira manage the kids? Will Akshara win the awards? How will Abhi and Akshu spend this alone time?

To know the answers to these questions stay tuned for further updates😉😉😉

If anyone has any suggestions regarding something that I could include in further chapters are very much welcome.