Chapter 19

Millie and I are watching Netflix in her living room. We are both lying on the couch. We both lay with our feet at the sides of the couch, making our heads lay beside each other. We have the bowl with popcorn standing on the ground before us, so we can easily grab it.

We're watching some sort of action film. A fighting scene is playing and people get killed and someone hacking in a system on the screen before us. "I want to be able to hack. It's seems cool," Millie states, eyes locked on the television. "Me too." I chuckle. "We could easily be partners in crime, I'm telling you."

The girl with her head next to me giggles. "We'll both be in a relationship with a son of a mafia boss. We'll become besties, if we weren't already, and help our boyfriends," the girl thinks out loud, letting her imaginations take over.

The film ended and the girl sits up, grabbing her phone. She sees some unopened messages from Paddy. "Paddy just asked me about when the teaser of our film comes out. Do you know?"

"I have it somewhere in my phone, hold on." I sit up straight as well and grab my phone, which was laying on the table in front of us. I go to my e-mail, to the pinned mails. I find the mail I was looking for and open it.

"In like 3 weeks," I answer. (I know it takes a long time before a movie gets released, I'm just too lazy to let it take that long) The girl nods and starts texting Paddy the news. "What's Ian doing right now? Haven't heard from him in a while," Millie asks, curious. "On a date with Dawn, the Starbucks girl," I answer her.

Millie forgets her phone and turns her head straight to me. I might think she swung her head a little too aggressively. I chuckle at her. For me it was a big surprise too when I heard it for the first time.

Ian did look like a girl getting ready for a date, because I had to help him out with what to wear, how much jewelry was just enough and what was too much, how to start a conversation once it becomes quiet, all that kind of stuff. I do like to help him, he's my brother after all. All I want is the best for him. And she seems like a good girlfriend for him.

"He has a date? He stepped up his game quite fast for him, then." We both laugh at that, knowing Ian asked out his ex when he liked her for over 5 months. "Yeah, well, he really likes her. I do like her too, she's nice."

"Should we stalk them? Do you know where they went to?" Millie has already sat up as straight as she could, sitting cross-legged in my direction.

"That we would be partners in crime in a movie if we dated a mafia boss' son, doesn't mean we are going to stalk the poor two. We don't know Dawn, imagine her seeing us staring at them." "You're right. God I hate it when you're right about these kind of things."

I laugh at her. She is really into everyone's love life. It's really like she wants to become one with the relationship and start a poly; she starts simping over the two together and the two people individually, without actually realizing it. Sometimes we have to keep her in tact.

"But can we go do something? I'm kinda bored now," Millie states, throwing her phone down on the couch. I gasp at her, putting a hand on my heart. "You think I'm boring? Well thank you very much." She rolls her eyes at me. She gets up from the couch and grabs my hand to walk away, causing me to stumble forward.

"You know I didn't mean it like that. Come, we're going out. You can't pull the introvert card this time, it's time we do something together that's out there in the living." I give in, letting myself get leaded to the front door, going out.

Millie and I have arrived at the same mall I went to yesterday with Felix and Jisung. Millie gets excited seeing the big building in front of her, jumping a little up and down. She really is the outgoing one of the two of us.

She turns her head towards me, shooting me a bright smile. She takes my hand in hers and leads me into the mall, stumbling around some stores.

Somehow, we ended up in the playground. There are no kids here, so we don't get attacked. Well, I did get attacked by Millie multiple times, whose inner kid is showing.

I'm sitting on a swing and Millie sits opposite of me on the end of the slide. She just has gone down from it mutliple times, although she clearly is too big for it. She got tired and is now sitting, finally.

"Now I'm tired. And bored again," the girl opposite of me exclaims, resting her head on her hand palms. "You were the one who wanted to go to the playground and the mall, not my problem."

The girl in front of me leans forward. "I figured you haven't been here in a long time, so I wanted to go to the mall to remind you these things exist. And it's our thing, hanging in playgrounds." She pulls the puppy eyes at me, trying to let me forgive her, although I didn't say she did anything wrong.

It's still not working, though.

"I've been here yesterday, so I wouldn't say I haven't been here in a long time." Millie's mouth opens a little, shutting it a second later. Her eyes are wide open, looking at me like she saw a ghost. "What?"

"You went to the mall without me? Yesterday? With who?" the girl asks annoyed, yet interested. "With Felix and Jisung. You know, from Stray Kids," I answer her, looking her straight in the eyes. She leans back on the slide again, still not blinking her eyes.

"You really are growing closer with these guys, huh? I am happy for you that you opened up to them, you don't do that a lot, but don't forget about me, okay?" she asks, seeming a bit worried that I might leave her behind.

"Of course not, you're my best friend, why would I leave you? You have no choice but to stay in that position for a long time ahead of us." She walks up to me and hugs me tight. I hug her back, smiling at her action.

"I love you, Nikki," Millie states, talking in my neck. I chuckle, knowing how much I mean to her and how much she means to me. "I love you too."

It has been some time later and we're both sitting on a bench, still in the playground. Millie is resting her head on my shoulder, looking at the kids now playing in the playground with other kids and their parents.

"I love kids. When I'm older and have a long lasting partner, I want two kids," the girl with her head on my shoulder explains. I nod in agreement. "You and I share the same mind, girl."

"Give me a second, I'm going to the restroom." I get up from the bench and walk to the ladies restroom.

Once I finished my duty and washed my hands, I walk out again, being taken aback and frozen in place at the sight in front of me.