Chapter 14

So, I've dug a little deeper into Stray Kids...

After listening to their songs, I looked them up on the internet. Instagram, YouTube, TikTok.

I have to tell you, they are even more chaotic than I thought they would be.

I find myself laughing and smiling through all the videos. I also did a little research on them, just because.

I've been really into this, because when I look at the time, I have to leave now or I'll be late. I close my laptop, grab my belongings, and walk to my twin's house. It's not a long walk, we live 5 minutes away from each other.

Ian invited me over earlier than Stray Kids would be there. So when I arrive at my destination a little late, the house is only filled with the presence of my twin brother. I walk up to the front door and ring the bell. It takes him some time to open the door.

The front door swings open, revealing the slightly older boy standing in the door opening. He walks back into the house, not waiting for me to enter. I walk in and shut the door behind me.

Ian is leaning against the door frame that parts the hall and the living room, watching me take off my coat and shoes. "You're late for you. What were you up to?" the boy asks me, tilting his head a bit. I chuckle softly.

I walk by Ian, walking in the living room to let myself fall on the couch.

"I was listening to Stray Kids on Spotify. You really need to listen to it too. After that I started stalking them a little and following them on some social platforms. I was also texting with Hyunjin and Jisung a little in the meantime," I inform the slightly older boy, who walks after me, letting himself fall on the couch beside me. Although the couch is big enough, we sit inches away from each other.

"You really are talking a lot with those two these last days," the latter states, causing me to slightly laugh at him. "You've also been in contact with Changbin and Felix a lot, don't deny that fact," I tease the boy sitting next to me. "Fair enough."

"What I've been doing this morning is looking into that song and choreography Changbin talked about. While doing so, I've been looking at a lot of choreos and they're really catchy. We could cover one of those on TikTok or YouTube or something." I nod, agreeing with the boy's statement.

The latter shoots up from his seat, turning to me. "Let me hear some good Stray Kids songs."

Say less.

~~~

Ian and I have been listening to Stray Kids for a while now and we're both loving it. We also looked up the dances and learned some, reason for that is that we love the choreographies.

Ian and I are looking at the dance practice video of S-Class when both our phones start vibrating. I grab my phone and see who is reaching out to us. It's from Stray Kids.

"They're a little late, Chan says the members have been playing video games and lost track of time," I inform the boy next to me, still watching the video. "Tell them they don't have to worry." I do as I've been told and send a text back.

Once the text message has been sent, I get another text of Millie in our group chat.

Dumbos

My bestiee
Just informing you that you're
not missing anything

Padds and I are watching that
film now

Much more fun without you,
just wanted to inform you of that

You
Thanks for letting us know,
otherwise I would be so
disappointed

My bestiee
Have Stray Kids arrived
there yet?

You
No, they're running late

No worries, we're busy learning
their choreos

My bestiee
I need a recording of that

You
Not happening😘

Love ya❤️

My bestiee
Yeah yeah

———

I throw my phone on the couch and join Ian again with the choreography. It's actually not that hard to follow and since we dance on professional level, the dance comes out pretty smoothly for the first time doing it.

~~~

Ian and I have just finished learning the choreo to S-Class when the bell rings. Ian walks to the door and I sit back on the couch, grabbing my phone to answer some dms.

Once the front door opens, the silence is gone.

I hear Stray Kids coming in and talking to Ian. A minute or so later they walk into the living room and I put my phone away, giving them my full attention. "Nikki! Haven't seen you in ages!" Jisung squeaks out, falling on the couch beside me, facing me.

"We don't even know each other for ages and we facetimed yesterday, but I'm excited to see you too, Jisung." The latter gives me a side hug. The other's sit on/in front of the couch as well.

"You guys want anything to drink or eat?" the slightly older boy asks the guests. They all say their choice of drink and Ian disappears in the kitchen. "I'll help him. Make yourself at home." I release myself from Jisung's embrace and get up from the couch, following Ian to the kitchen.

[Hyunjin's POV]

I watch Nikki disappear behind the wall, following Ian into the kitchen. I turn my gaze away again, only getting stared at by most of the members. "What? Can't I just look at her anymore without you thinking differently?" I look at them, waiting for an answer.

"He's not whipped for her yet, guys. His celebrity crush is just slowly fading into a normal one," Felix helps me out, with Jeongin nodding along with the statement.

"Thank you, Felix." The others aren't convinced even a slight bit, but I'm not surprised. "Now we're at the topic, any other celebrity crushes here?" Changbin asks, hoping for some juice.

"Minho found a particular girl he saw on his TikTok quite 'hot'," Jisung spills, gaining a pout from Minho. "I only said she looked hot in that video, I didn't mean anything with it. My celebrity crush hasn't changed yet," Minho explains.

"Seungmin found another American celebrity he follows around on social media," Jeongin confesses, getting a smack of a pillow by Seungmin in return. "You make it sound like that happens every week. Don't make me sound like a player."

"Question for Hyunjin; are you going to have a new celebrity crush now you slowly start to get a crush on Nikki?" Chan asks me with a smirk glued on his face.

"She's still a celebrity, I can have a crush and celebrity crush on her. And who said it has already turned into a real crush?" I ask boldly, trying to sound confident. The members snort at my reaction, making me roll my eyes at them.

At that moment, Ian and Nikki come in with 10 drinks and a bowl of chips. They put it all down carefully on the coffee table. "Take what's yours," the latter states, sitting next to Seungmin on the ground. Jisung and Jeongin are the first to grab their drinks.

Nikki grabs two drinks from the low table and sits back in between me and Jisung again. She gives me one of the drinks she was holding. "I did remember your drink correctly, right?" I try my best not to blush right. I smile at her. "Yes, thank you." I accept the drink and take a sip. I see Chan smirking in the corner of my eye.

"So, what to do now?" Ian asks. Changbin puts his drink back on the coffee table and stands up from the couch. "Recording Queencard with my favorite twins."

Oh god.