Chapter 12

[Hyunjin's POV]

I lay on the floor on stage, staring up at the ceiling. Minho is making fun of me, but I simply don't care at this point, I think I've embarrassed myself enough.

I hold my phone before my face, looking at the text message I send her.

Nikki <3

Excited to see you again this Monday <3

I'm such an idiot.

She saw the message, but hasn't responded yet.

Why did I need to add that at the end? She probably thinks I'm a weirdo by now.

"I think you're overreacting, though. Maybe she's doing something while she read it and just simply is a little busy," the leader tries to ease me, but I'm not convinced.

Changbin leans over my figure, trying to get something out of my gaze, I guess. He reaches his hand out for me to take, but I ignore it.

I sit up and throw my phone before me, putting my hands before my face after that. I hear the others giggle at me.

"I think I've learned my lesson. Never take advice from Jeongin," I speak out, coming out as a mumble, caused by my hands that still cover my face. I hear Jeongin scoff loudly, earning laughs from the other members.

I feel two strong arms around my waist and someone lifts me up so I stand again. I take my hands away from my face and turn around to the shorter boy behind me. He gives me a playful wink.

"That you are whipped for that girls doesn't mean I'm going to stop flirting with you," Changbin states.

Didn't expect that to happen either way.

Just when I think the girl wouldn't reply to me again, my phone starts buzzing on the ground.

I don't spill any second and bend over to grab my phone, looking at the message which I received.

Nikki <3

Can't wait as well, although Changbin is probably going to convince me and Ian to dance to that Queencard song of his

And of course I'm excited to see you again <33

———

My cheeks and ears are turning red while I'm reading the message. My stomach feels weird and hurts a little, but not unpleasant. I can't take my eyes off my screen. I'm reading the message over and over again, gaining even more color.

What is this feeling? I certainly never felt like this before.

Felix helps me out of my trance by placing his hand on my shoulder, looking over at my screen.

"Ooh, your whole face is like a tomato right now!"

"Someone is in love~"

Felix laughs and sits next to me, finished reading the message on my phone.

"You guys are already sending hearts, huh?" Felix teases. The others get even more excited and start jumping around, teasing me.

I feel embarrassed again and hide my head in Felix's shoulder, hugging the latter. "Why did you have to embarrass me?" I whine in his arms. I get a laugh in return. "I didn't intend to embarrass you, I find it really cute," the boy confesses, caressing my hair.

That comment surprises me. I lift my head up, looking the boy in the eyes with mine wide open. The latter giggles and takes my phone from me, looking at the still open screen.

"Now's the best time to start a conversation. I'll help you." Felix looks at me, patiently waiting for me to say something to text back at the girl.

"Come on, we can't leave her on read for long. And besides, I think we aren't going to do a lot today anymore," the boy calls out, turning his attention to the six remaining boys goofing around the stage. I chuckle in response.

"She left me on read too, a little payback won't hurt." The blond haired boy next to me chuckles and rests his head on my shoulder, brainstorming about things I can say to her.

I have no idea where he learned all these things, but I guess he was a little done with the dating ban as well the first three years after our debut. It wasn't like we stopped having crushes on people.

I stopped counting how many times Jisung and I talked about certain girls we passed by we found cute or hot.

And the eight of us often have conversations about new celebrity crushes someone has. I haven't really participated a lot these last months with those conversations, I'm staying loyal to Nikki.

Felix notices me spacing out and nudges my side with his elbow closest to me. I shake my head lightly and turn my head to the younger boy. He smiles at me. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing special." I smile back to the boy and we focus on the screen of my phone, still thinking about a conversation that's good enough to talk about.

[Nikki's POV]

I have an overly happy toddler sitting next to me, watching me send a respond to the boy who has texted me.

"How can I already ship you two? I don't know the guy and I've only seen this text message and heard some juice about him." The girl next to me basically jumps in her seat, hoping to play cupid soon.

She's good at it, though. She got Paddy in a relationship that lasted for over a year and set up a childhood friend with a costar of hers. They are still together and living happily together.

Paddy on the other hand isn't the best in relationship advice. Unintentionally, he will sketch the worst scenario's and make you think negatively. Him and Millie do make a good duo, though, for some reason.

Ian just knows the best what I want and gives advice based on that. He's the one I can rely on the most.

"Kids! Come to your caregivers for a sec, we have some business to do." I put my phone away and laugh at Millie's comment.

The two boys enter the kitchen as fast as they are able to and look at us, awaiting. "Guess from who this girl just received a text message from?"

Ian's face becomes concerned. I don't know what he's thinking about, but it's not what Millie and I are looking for. "Did Dylan reach out to you again? I really am going to fight him this time," the older boy calls out, already forming two fists from his hands.

Millie's expression turns from cheery to true disappointment. "If that was the point, why would I be so exited with it, dumbass?" I giggle at the girl next to me assaulting my twin.

"Then who did text you?" Paddy asks, hoping for the stare down of Millie and Ian to stop.

"Hyunjin from Stray Kids send Nikki a message!" Millie squeaks out. Paddy opens his mouth widely, looking at Millie. They know exactly what the other is thinking, and I sadly do too.

"Now can I see the message?" Ian doesn't even wait for my response and takes my phone, typing in the passcode and reading the text.

"You really have to step up your game, Ian, because before you know it, your twin will be in a relationship before you are," the younger boy assaults the latter, receiving a death glare from him.

"Let's not get carried away now, we only send a text to one another, that doesn't mean marriage." I look over to my two friends who are already making up scenario's in their heads.

"It's not just a text and you know that as well, but you're right with that that doesn't mean anything yet. Should we call him?"

I slap my hand against my forehead. I swear to god I can't with these people.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna go. I'll see you when I've gained my brain cells again that I've just lost these last seconds." I get up from my seat and walk to the living room. With my action, I have three whining kids trailing behind me and apologizing for their actions.

God, what's wrong with us?