4. INTO

I'm sick right now 🤒
I blame children....

_______________________________

Kim Taehyung has been Yoongi long time work friends. They both work at a marketing company and instantly clicked at a company dinner when Yoongi met someone who was from Daegu just like him.

Taehyung was the only friend that knows of Yoongi's one sided feelings for Hoseok. He was also the only friend that constantly tried to help Yoongi out of this complicated relationship.

"Did you even sleep?" Taehyung lightly laughs observing Yoongi's face

Yoongi has deep eye bags and also red eyes. His face was slightly puffy. He didn't want to admit that he was crying. He didn't want Taehyung to worry for him more than he already does. So he lies.

"N-No I wasn't able to sleep...I was so cold during the night" Yoongi half lies

It's true he was cold. All he wanted to was feel Hoseok's warming hug in his bed. To be cuddled up with him in his cold apartment. The other day was truly the best day he's had in a long time. But why did it have to be so short?

"You should turn on your floor heating silly" Taehyung light pushes Yoongi's shoulders "Unless you're just being cheap"

Yoongi nods his head "I'm just being cheap I guess" he mumbles

Taehyung looks around the company's cafeteria watching the people in the room. Yoongi just stared at his plate of food tiredly. It was silent for a few minutes until Taehyung clears his throat to catch Yoongi's attention.

"Hyung...I know you're lying. It's Hoseok isn't it? What the hell did that bastard do" Taehyung's said angrily

Yoongi sighs "It's okay Tae. Hoseok did nothing wrong i-it's me...i'm wrong for having these fucking feelings. I'm the one that's doing this to myself"

"Doing this to yourself meaning...he doesn't know you're in love with him?" Taehyung shakes his head "Don't blame yourself for this. Why hasn't he noticed it by now?"

"Well simply because I haven't told him. I can't tell him." Yoongi shakes his head. "He's not looking for a relationship" Yoongi said sadly

"Then why torture yourself? He's not looking for the same things you're looking for. Who cares about that stupid playboy. Put your energy onto someone who cares...like Jiminie" Taehyung said with a smirk

Yoongi gasp "Jimin— No...no no I can't be with Jimin. I don't love him. He's a great guy and all but... I just don't feel the same about him. A-And i'm not going to give him false hope. I know how that feels"

Taehyung groans in frustration "Well Hoseok isn't going to love you. It's time to let him go. Haven't you heard of the saying, 'if you love them you'd let them go?' That's exactly what you need in this situation"

"I-I know okay... I really do Tae...but it's hard to let him go" Yoongi said feeling tears forming "How can I let him go when he's so perfect"

Taehyung reaches over to hold Yoongi's hand "Hyung I remember you told me this once...and that is, no one is perfect. If he truly loves you he'll stay when you tell him the truth. If not...then it's not meant to be."