𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗- 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 🧩

Empty wrappers littered the detectives desks, as they were going to spend another sleepless night trying to fit their recent discovery into their Jigsaw narrative

Minho was munching on his burger while changbin taped pictures of jake's body onto the investigation board. They were the only one's left in the detectives department, everyone else was already unwinding at home while these two detectives were stuck looking at decomposed bodies as they silently ate their McDonald's burgers.

"Changbin, did beomgyu check if there were any speeding tickets issued around 2003 for black mustangs?" Minho was currently unwrapping his second burger as changbin took a seat next to him while grabbing his soda.

"Nope, not yet. Hopefully he'll find something tomorrow but I highly doubt it."

Minho sighed, "I hope so, he's our only chance at this point."

Changbin slouched in his seat, wishing he could take a warm shower to clear his chaotic mind. He was still in shock from discovering jake's body this morning, and now he was stuck back behind his cramped desk without having a moment to grieve the young life that was gone so soon. Minho glanced at changbin and immediately knew how he felt, he was alway best at deciphering his emotions no matter how hard changbin tried to act stoic, minho always saw right through him.

"Changbin... maybe it's time for us to take a break as well, it's been a long day, let's go home."

Changbin looked over and smiled, "Yeah it's better to sleep on it and come back in the morning with a fresh mind."

Before the detectives could even start to fantasize about sleeping in their bed's for the first time in days, changbin's phone started ringing, both detectives groaned in misery as they knew something was wrong anytime changbin's  phone rang.

"Ugh we were so close to heading home, changbin I swear I'm going to destroy your phone one of these days."

Changbin looked at the caller ID and confusion started to spread across his face, immediately alerting minho.

"Who is it?"

"Huh, that's weird, taehyun is calling me."

Minho was feeling confused as well, "Why would he be calling this late at night?"

Changbin shrugged his shoulders and answered the call.

"Hey taehyun, how are you?"

"Hi changbin, sorry for calling so late."