𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭🧩

Back at the police station, chaos had erupted after the news of two dead bodies were found last night

The phones were ringing non-stop, practically every officer in the building had a phone in their hand. People were calling for the most absurd reasons, some called to tell officers how awful they were at their jobs, some called suspecting their neighbors of being Jigsaw, while some pranksters called saying they were Jigsaw himself. The day already felt endless, and it was only 9am right now.

Changbin's desk was full of stacked coffee cups, he didn't go home last night, he had stayed at the station rewatching the CD Jigsaw had left back at the asylum, he tried to find some sort of clue as to who the killer could be. But unfortunately, nothing came up and it frustrated him to no extent, why did he leave those puzzle pieces all of a sudden? Changbin thought as he got up to get another cup of coffee. As he poured himself another cup of coffee, minho had entered the station looking as exhausted as ever.

"Hey, changbin." Minho said as he yawned.

"Jeez minho you look like hell."

"I know, I barely got any sleep last night, I stayed up trying to figure out the clues Jigsaw had left at the crime scene."

"I was wondering the same thing, why would he leave puzzle pieces all of a sudden?" Changbin said as they both made their way to their desks.

Changbin then set his coffee cup down and walked towards the investigation board. The board was packed with pictures of the crime scene, the faces of the lifeless victims constantly haunted changbin, day and night. He tried to figure out what the clues from last night could have meant, and how it relates to the past victims.

Minho then made his way to stand next to changbin as they both stared at the board trying to figure out what the three puzzle pieces could mean.

Then it was as if a lightbulb had appeared on top of minho's head, an idea popped up,

"Changbin, what if the puzzle pieces we discovered yesterday connect to each other?"

Changbin looked at minho, awestruck at his theory. Changbin then grabbed minho's wrist and   quickly headed towards the forensics department to get the puzzle pieces they had found yesterday. As soon as the two detectives entered the forensics department, they saw Choi Soobin analyzing last night's victims clothing for fingerprints of the killer.

Soobin then looked up once he heard the two enter, "Hello gentlemen, how can I help you?"

"Hey soobin I was wondering if we could see the puzzle pieces from last night for our investigation?"

"Sure, just give me a few minutes and I'll grab it for you."

The two detectives were deep in thought as they waited for soobin to hand them the evidence from yesterday. Why would the killer change his M.O. all of a sudden? What made him change his mind? Changbin wanted to know every single answer to his question, but the difficult part was that the killer never left any DNA evidence at the crime scenes, he was meticulous and planned each step carefully, Jigsaw was no amateur, no he was a pro.

Jigsaw terrorized every corner of Seattle, and no one knows where to find him or when he'll strike next.

Just then changbin was broken out of thought when soobin spoke up,

"Here you go changbin, just remember to return it asap."

"Thank you soobin."

"Just do your best changbin, and catch that killer."

If only it was that easy.

🧩

As soon as the two detectives reached their desks, they immediately took out the puzzle pieces and started to connect them, and as luck would have it, the pieces fit perfectly together.

Minho now had a huge grin on his face while changbin smiled, the three puzzle pieces fit perfectly together. Minho was right, these puzzle pieces meant something, it was part of the game.

"Minho, I could kiss you right now, your theory was right!"

"I know I'm irresistible." Minho said as he winked at changbin.

"Do that again, and I'll give you a black eye."

"Sorry."

The two detectives then looked at the puzzle pieces in front of them, there was no image on the puzzle pieces itself, it was just the color green.

"What do you think this means binnie?"

"I don't know, and unfortunately we won't find out until he gives us more puzzle pieces."

"So that means, we have to wait for more bodies to show up?"

"Yes, the more bodies we find, the more puzzle pieces we receive."

"What a fucked-up game to play."

"That's the way Jigsaw plays minho, it's all a part of his game."

Changbin then directed his attention towards the investigation board, something is missing, something obvious, he thought as he kept his eyes glued towards the board. Then it struck him, when changbin took a look at the killers profile the age range suddenly seemed wrong to him. A killer like Jigsaw had to be younger than his 30's-40's, the way he had presented himself with the CD from last night, and the sudden puzzle pieces showing up on his victims' bodies, the killer had to be in his early 20's.

"Hey minho, don't you think the killer would be in his early 20's? I mean his maturity levels can't match a 30- or 40-year-olds."

Minho thought for a moment about what changbin had told him, and the longer minho had thought about it, changbin was right, this killer was too immature, his maturity levels didn't match someone older than his early 20's.

"Your right changbin, the way the killer has presented himself recently, it seems like he could be in his early 20's, we should rethink his profile."

"Your right, we should rethink this case from a different perspective, I'll call Yeonjun and see if he can help us out."

The two detectives felt like they finally had a break from this case, and if they redo the profile, maybe they could get a better insight of the killer and see what his next move could be.

Watch out Jigsaw, two could play this game.