𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

cassian's barbecue

     CITLALI HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT TODAYS BARBECUE AT CASSIAN'S, THE PLANS had been made months ago

     CITLALI HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT TODAYS BARBECUE AT CASSIAN'S, THE PLANS had been made months ago. Truthfully Citlali would rather be anywhere than at this barbecue, she wasn't in the mood to deal with people. It was her day off, she just wanted to breathe and lounge in her home, preferably in sweats. She had promised to make sopa de arroz for Selena, pico de Gallo and a few salsas. Mason, the girls and her got to Cassian's early to cook at his place, Citlali just took the ingredients she would needs.

"You're okay?" Cassian asks her seeing her not so sunshine and rainbows expression.

"Me?" Citlali asks and he nods. "Yeah, just tired, work and all." She says.

"Thank you for this." He says and she nods.

"It's nothing, you're the one hosting ." She says with a smile and he nods, "How are things at the university?" She asks as she stirs the rice.

"The usual, new students each semester. Grades, lectures, exams, and I did have a date." He says the last part shyly. Clearly trying not to make a big deal out of it.

"A date? That's great." She says and then her eyes widen in realization. Cassian went on a date. "That's amazing Cassian." She says smiling excitingly for him. "Did you have fun?"

"I did, she's very kind and smart." He says with a smile, a genuine one.

"I feel a but coming." She says looking up at him.

"We didn't really connect." He says truthfully. "I mean with Antonella I knew, I felt a connection, but with her I didn't. You've felt the connect right, with my brother?"

"Yeah. Otherwise we wouldn't of gotten married." Citlali says, their wedding day was eventful. "But it was different, at first, we weren't serious. It grew with time. It wasn't intense at first, at all, but I did find him attractive." She knows Mason told Cassian that him and Citlali weren't serious at the beginning, just hooking up. Then Citlali got pregnant with Marisol and the rest is history. Cassian was the first person of Masons family to find out, he found out with Luca, Mason told them together. The first people he told the news to, Luca and his wife Hanna, were expecting their first born daughter Sofia.

"I mean you had to for you to sleep with him, and have his daughters." Britney says with her perfect comedic timing making Citlali and Cassian laugh. Britney always does know how to make an entrance.

"You're not wrong there." Citlali says with a slight nod. "Sometimes it grows, other times it doesn't." She tells Cassian truthfully, she had dates that didn't go beyond a simple coffee date. There were some—in her life, a very selected few, that made it to be something more, and have a connection.