𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

end of an era

          CITLALI SAT ACORSS MASON, IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM

          CITLALI SAT ACORSS MASON, IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM. SHE COULD ONLY STARE at him, the man she once loved so much, and called her home. Who could hold her and love her until everything was right with the world. The father of her daughters, the one she thought she'd be spending the rest of her god-dam life with. Their lawyers explained the terms of agreement, and both of them knew what it was, they had come to decision. How much Citlali would get from her divorce from him, how much alimony he would pay her, the child support, and their daughters trust fund, she listened in as their lawyers spoke.

"What if I want to move to a different state?" Citlali asks.

"You want to take my daughters?" He asks her, staring at her. As if he was trying to figure her out.

"Our daughters, but I was asking. Since we share custody." She tells him. "I don't plan on moving any time soon." She says. "So you don't got to worry about me keeping my daughters away from their father."  The look in Citlali's eyes sent Mason chills down his spine, Sofia looks between the two and her face asks if Citlali is good. Citlali nods letting her know she was,  Sienna wasn't only her lawyer, but they became friends, and her uncle Rossi told Sienna to take care of Citlali. "Where do I sign?" Citlali asks.

"Here." Sienna begins to demonstrate where Citlali needs to sign, and she's the first one to sign at. She could feel Masons gaze on her, and everyones eyes on her. Then it was Masons turn to sign, and he stared at the divorce papers and then up at Citlali before signing them. She slid over the wedding rings. She didn't have to say anything else, he knew she was going to return them to him. As he had bought her engagement ring. She made it very she wanted nothing that reminded her of him.

      SIENNA AND CITLALI LEFT THE BUILDING, AND THEY BID THEIR GOODBYES at the parking lot. She unlocked her car when she feels someone approaching her.

"She's pregnant" Mason tells her, not being able to keep it from her.

"I don't want her near my daughters. You owe me that." She says turning to look at her.

"Citlali." He says trying to reach for her hand but she pulls away from him, and stepping away from him.

"No, Mason, I know, I knew before you told me and how the hell do we explain it to our daughters? Huh? What about us? What about me?" She asks with teary eyes, her voice held so much pain, "Mason, what about me? I was never her, was I?" She asks him angrily.

"I was never him to you." He says. "And I never knew who he was." He says. "We were both with the wrong people." He says.

"No, you were Mason. You were more to me Mason, I actually let myself fall in love with you, I love you, even after everything, I still do." She laughs a little at herself, she feels pathetic, "and I feel like such an idiot. I never wanted you to be anyone, but you." She stares at him, and he knows she's telling the truth, deep down he does, "But I know my worth Mason, I deserve better than how you treated me. Keep your girlfriend away from me and my daughters."