𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

surface tension

                   CITLALI ARRIVES AT THE BAU BULLPEN, SPENCER QUICKLY PASSES HER GREETING her as he leaves

CITLALI ARRIVES AT THE BAU BULLPEN, SPENCER QUICKLY PASSES HER GREETING her as he leaves. Citlali joins the group, as Emily comes out of her office asking, "What was that all about?"

Steven says, "Reid apparently has a plumbing emergency at home."

Emily says, "Oh, no, what a pain. We'll need to bring him up to speed later. Right now we have a case." Citlali feels grateful a case came in, it would keep her mind occupied.

THE TEAM SITS IN THE BRIEFING ROOM, AS PENELOPE GOES OVER THE CASE, "LAST NIGHT, in Tampa, this semi sort of doodle was discovered on the arm of a cadaver that was being dissected in an anatomy class." She says. Citlali looks at Penelope listening to her explain their latest case.

Tara asks, "What is it, some kind of tattoo?"

"Henna?" Citlali asks.

Emily says, "No, it's an ink pen drawing."

Penelope says, "Yeah, and luckily for law enforcement, the teacher of the anatomy class is also the county coroner, and she recognized the marking. She'd also seen it on... Helen Bollinger." Her photos appear on the monitor. Citlali looks at the photos.

Emily says, "Helen was found dead in her car 10 days earlier with 50 sleeping pills in her system and it was ruled a suicide."

Steven asks, "With that scribbled on her arm?" He looks at her before saying, "Please tell me there was an equivocal death investigation."

Emily says, "There was, but the M.E. determined that the evidence didn't meet the threshold to rule it a homicide."

Luke stands up and points out, "The marking on the second body has an extra line added to it. The design could be a work in progress."

Rossi asks, "Do we have an identity on the cadaver?"

Penelope says, "Yes. George Findley. He's a Gulf war vet. He lived on the street for years. He died of a heroin overdose."

Luke says, "Marking looks like an initial, an "A", maybe."

JJ adds, "It could also be a partial triangle."

Steven says, "Or the unsub's got a brand all his own and he's sending a message... "these victims belong to me."

Rossi asks, "If it's a message, why place it on such an obscure part of the body?"