𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

the dinner from hell

       THE NEXT MORNING CITLALI WOKE UP EARLY AND MADE BREAKFAST FOR HER FAMILY

THE NEXT MORNING CITLALI WOKE UP EARLY AND MADE BREAKFAST FOR HER FAMILY. She was almost done with making breakfast when she heard the little human steps and giggles.

"Good morning ma!" Estrella greets happily.

"Good morning baby!" Citlali smiles.

"Morning ma." Mari says once she reaches them, as she rubs her eyes.

"Table or kitchen island?" Citlali ask.

"Kitchen island!" Both girls sat at the same time making their mother laugh.

"Okay." Citlali smiles.

"Hey your phone is going off." Santiago says coming down the stairs, handing her the phone.

"It's Joyce, that's weird." Citlali says. "Hello." She says answering her phone walking to the hallway for some privacy.

                  CITALI FOUND HERSELF AT THE DONOVANS DOOR STEPS FOR DINNER, AT MARIESE and Ivan home, also known as Mason childhood home. She hadn't seen her in laws since the holidays, Mason was the one to usually pick them up and drop them off at their home. Masons sister Joyce was back home for a few weeks and wanted Citlali to join them for dinner. Tonight at dinner would be Masons parents, Mariese and Ivan, his sisters Joyce and Britney, Cassian and Selena, Mason himself, their daughters and Citlali.

"Are you going to knock?" Mari asks her mom, looking at her, her brown eyes questioning her. "We can always just say a work emergency came up." She says, she didn't exactly want to spend her night at an awkward dinner. She wasn't as close to her aunt Joyce as she is with her tio Santiago, aunt Britney, and uncle Cas, partially is because Santiago is like always over and the Reyes siblings are closer than the Donovan siblings. Cas and Selena come over a lot.

"Will they have good food, or eat one of 'aunt Joyce discovers' I don't think I can stomach her basic food." Mari says using quotation marks, Joyce tended to 'discover' food but it's just the whitewashing of minorities food.

"Eww!" Estrella scrunches up her nose in disgust.

"Let's hope not." Citlali says, at least all three of them were on the same page about this dinner. Estrella wanted to stay home and color. She already spent her weekend with her grandparents, that should keep them out of their reach for a few months. Citlali sighs and knocks on the door, the three Reyes girls wait for them to open the door.

"I'm sorry I tried talking her out of it." Britney apologizes once she opens the door, she's Mason other younger sister. Citlali did have a better relationship with her, Britney was the kinder one from the two sisters.