Chapter 11

"Trail Mr. Oyi?" 

"Mm hmm." Priye nodded, folding her arms in front of her and waiting for her friends to agree to her plan.

But to her dismay, Ifunanya shook her head. "I don't think that's a good idea oo. How do you plan on doing that sef?" {=>Sef - For Emphasis<=}

Priye opened her mouth in shock. "Don't you remember what I was saying the other day?" She asked, lowering her voice before continuing. "I can just tell my mom and dad that I'm staying for extra lessons and then tell the driver to take us there. It doesn't have to be today either." She checked her wrist watch. "He's almost here now so we can do it tomorrow."

Ayomide frowned. "Wait first. Let me have some time to mentally prepare for this because it's just too risky."

Priye eyed her. "What are you saying? Wasn't it you that found all that information about Mr. Oyi the other day? What are you saying now?"

"That's different nao." Ayomide argued. {=>Nao - For Emphasis<=}

Before Priye could say anything, Ifunanya spoke again, "I agree with Ayo. It's just too risky. I'm sure we can still manage to get the job done without knowing where he lives." 

Priye eyed both her friends and sighed. "Nawa for you two oo. Let's just leave abeg. Hopefully you change your mind, Ifu." {=>Nawa for you two oo - An expression used when you find something unbelievable. Abeg - Please<=}

But Ifunanya just shook her head and walked the rest of the way out of the school building. 

~~

There was only one thing Ifunanya Daniels cared about aside from her family and friends. And that was her studies. And so for that reason, she'd managed to avoid Mr. Oyi for the past three days; and she was determined to continue doing that for the rest of the week - if she could get through today, that is.

And it was how she was also able to get her friends off her back whenever they would ask about how the challenge was going. 

"I haven't done much lately because of my tests this week." She told Priye on Wednesday when she kept asking her about how it was going. And yesterday when Ayomide asked her about it, she said the same thing. "Ayo, you know I don't joke with my tests. I can't come and be failing because I'm trying to seduce one teacher." Ayomide had looked horrified then, and without thinking, spoke in hushed whispers. "Keep your voice down, Ifu. Jesus, you want everybody to know what we are up to?"

Ifunanya had grumbled. "It's not like I wanted to do this thing sef, urgh!"

"It will soon be over. I'm sure by the end of this year at the Christmas party, we'll know where we stand with it." Priye had said.

Ifunanya pushed the memory out of her mind as she continued putting her books in her school bag before focusing on her sports skirt. Today was the first Friday of the beginning of preparations for the annual Inter-house sport competition. This meant every student had to come to school wearing the school's general sportswear - a gray t-shirt over a black skirt with shorts attached on the inside for the girls, and the gray t-shirt and black shorts for the boys. But as Ifunanya began stitching the left side of her skirt to cover the tear that had returned because of how long she'd had the attire, there was a knock on her door. 

A few seconds later, her aunty walked into the room.

"Aunty Ugo, good morning." She greeted the older woman who smiled at her and sat on the bed next to her. And before Ifunanya could say anything, Ugo reached for the inside of her wrapper and brought out what looked like a tied-up cloth.