Chapter 1

"Ifu!" Priye called out to her friend as she neared her, glancing briefly at some of the other students who were glaring at her with looks of annoyance.

She was breathing hard by the time she got to where Ifunanya stood in line at the cafeteria. 

"You sound like you just ran a marathon." Ifunanya began, shaking her head and grabbing her friend by the hand. 

"Where's Ayo?" She asked, looking around for her other friend.

Before Priye could answer, she spotted an empty spot behind Ifunanya, and so she stepped in there, earning her a look from one of their classmates, Evelyn.

"Didn't you see me behind Ifunanya? Please leave. You can't skip lines."

Priye shot her a glare. "No, I didn't see you, Evelyn, because it was just empty space. Please just don't start anything now." She eyed her and hissed. "Besides, Ifunanya was holding this spot for me." 

But Evelyn pulled her by the arm and pushed her aside, claiming the empty space that was directly behind Ifunanya.

Ifunanya then turned around to Evelyn. She'd been trying to hold it in all this time. 

"Evelyn, you know you just came in here yourself, and there was the empty space behind me before Priye came and stood there. You skipped lines."

Evelyn's eyes grew wide before she narrowed them into a fine slit. "Are you calling me a liar now?"

Ifunanya sighed heavily. "Yes that's exactly what you are, so don't even start this rubbish and let my friend be."

And with that, Evelyn scoffed and eyed the two friends. "This isn't over yet, you two. I promise."

Ifunanya rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Liar. Biko just shift abeg." {{=>WHATEVER. LIAR. PLEASE JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY<=}}.

At that moment, Ayomide joined her friends.

"What did I miss?" She asked when she noticed Evelyn rolling her eyes at her.

Ifunanya stifled a laugh. "Everything." She replied, pulling Ayo to stand in behind her, leaving Priye to stand in behind Ayo.

"You missed Ifu giving that one behind me a taste of her own medicine." Priye said.

And with that, Evelyn made another scoff sound. 

The action caused Ayomide to burst into laughter before the line moved up a bit.

At that moment, some of their teachers walked into the cafeteria. And Priye was the first to speak. 

"Look who just walked in." She whispered to her friends, gesturing with her head in the direction the teachers went.

"Those two are always together. I'm surprised they hit it off really quickly." Ayo added. 

Ifunanya just shrugged. She couldn't be bothered with what her teachers did, or who was dating who.

"But that man is fine sha." {{SHA=>EXPRESSION OF EMPHASIS<=}} Ayomide said, taking another step forward as they neared the kitchen staff working behind the counter.

"Says someone who refuses to date." Priye commented, shaking her head.

"Can you blame me? I just want to get into Law school first. After that, ehen, we will now talk about dating." {{ EHEN => EXPRESSION OF EMPHASIS <=}}

At this, Ifunanya spoke up. "Look who's talking, you don't know that Law school is tough, and who knows, you might not even have time to go out, how much more to date somebody."