𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-13

Zartasha's heart pounded in her chest as she sat on a cold, hard bench outside the operating theater. Her eyes were swollen from crying, and her body seemed lifeless, drained of all energy. Next to her, Shahmeer's mother sat with tears streaming down her face, silently praying for her son's recovery. She held Zartasha's hand tightly, seeking solace in their shared anguish.

Meanwhile, his father, stood a few feet away from them, his face a mask of worry and desperation. He anxiously glanced at the closed doors of the OT, waiting for the doctors to emerge and give them some news about their son's condition. His heart ached, and he felt a sense of helplessness he had never experienced before.

Inside the hospital, the atmosphere was tensed, Suffyan paced restlessly through the corridors. He was on the phone, his voice tinged with anger, demanding information about who could be behind this heinous act.
"I want you to find out who did this to my brother! Money is no issue. I want them caught!" Suffyan's words were sharp and determined, showing the protective side of a brother who loved his elder sibling dearly.

A few hours earlier, Suffyan had received a devastating call that shattered their world. The voice on the other end informed him that Shahmeer had been shot outside his office. Without wasting a moment, they all rushed to the hospital, except for their grandmother, who was too frail to make the journey, and Shifa, who accompanied her to ensure her comfort.

Being a family of billionaires and influencers, the news spread like wildfire through the media. Outside the hospital, journalists and reporters gathered, eagerly waiting for any updates on Shahmeer Zaidi's condition. The hospital's security and Zaidis guards  worked tirelessly,  trying to maintain order and keep the media at a safe distance from the concerned family.

As the night wore on, the hospital corridors remained filled with anxious tension. Everyone offered comfort and support to one another, especially to Zartasha, who couldn't speak any words except crying, while waiting for any news from the doctors. For her, it was quite difficult, as she had already lost her parents at a young age. Hospitals and the sight of someone being unwell or injured brought back painful memories and deepened her worries. She couldn't bear the thought of losing another loved one.

Finally, the doors to the operating theater opened, and a weary-looking surgeon emerged. Shahmeer's father rushed towards him, his voice trembling with emotion, "Doctor, how's my son? Will he be okay?"

The doctor sighed, "Mr Shahmeer is out of danger now. We managed to remove the bullet, and he's currently in the recovery room. The next few hours are crucial, but he's stable for now."

Relief washed over the family. Zartasha and Shahmeer's mother hugged each other, tears of gratitude streaming down their faces. They knew the battle wasn't over yet, but the fact that Shahmeer had survived the surgery gave them hope.

As the night passed, Shahmeer's condition remained stable, but he was still unconscious.

"You all go, I'll stay here," Suffyan said to everyone.