𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-3

"Zartasha," her aunt entered her room. Zartasha was sitting on the floor, curled up.

"Phupho," Zartasha called out, and her aunt rushed to her. Zartasha cried and cried, clinging to her aunt.

"Shh, Meri beti, look at me," her aunt said, wiping her tears and cupping her face to make her gaze into her eyes.

"I trust my daughter, but you tell me, do you know them?" her aunt asked, gently stroking her hair.

"No, aunt, I don't know who they were or I haven't seen them before," Zartasha replied in denial, wiping her tears with the back of her hand, just like a child.

"Don't worry, I am here," her aunt reassured her, patting her head. She made Zartasha eat the dinner she had brought with her. After tucking her into bed, she left the room, lost in deep thought.

Finishing his workout, he took a seat on the bench in the gym. Wiping away the sweat, he realized that he couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, her angelic face appeared in his mind.

A servant handed him a protein shake as he made his way back to his room. Scrolling through his phone, he headed towards the closet. Selecting his three-piece suit, he prepared to take a shower.

Just as he stood in front of the dressing table lost in his thoughts, a knock on the door interrupted him. Granting permission to enter, a maid informed him that a lady wished to meet him, and his mother had called for him. He nodded in acknowledgment.

Stepping down the stairs, he noticed his family gathered around a woman who appeared to be around 40 years old. He greeted them and took a seat on a solitary sofa. He couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance between the woman and Zartasha. His mother introduced her as Zartasha's aunt.

She asked, "May I ask how you know Zartasha?"

He explained how he had first seen her at the university.

"There is a significant difference between our families, and Noor is without parents," she said, implying that if he had any ulterior motives. She wanted to ensure that he was only interested in her niece and not causing her any further trouble, as Zartasha was already facing many difficulties in life.

"I have no wrongful intentions, so please don't worry," he replied, trying to maintain a polite tone, as his voice often intimidated people.

"She doesn't open up about her wounds, she knows how to hide them," the aunt shared the tragic story of Zartasha's parents' passing, the mistreatment she endured on a daily basis, and the hardships she faced after their demise. However, due to the conservative nature of her in-laws, there was little they could do. So, she and her husband did their best to support Zartasha. And she also mentioned what happened after his family left her home.

"Don't worry at all. If she becomes my honor, I will protect her from all kinds of troubles," he assured them with his words. Everyone present felt a mix of anger and sadness upon hearing about Zartasha's suffering. However, Shahmeer had made a firm decision to make Zartasha his.

Meanwhile, Zartasha's aunt left the Zaidi Mansion feeling satisfied. Despite coming from a high-class background, none of the family members had treated her with arrogance or superiority.

After returning, she went straight to Zartasha's room and sat beside her, who was engrossed in a book.

"Give it a chance, my dear. You won't find a better opportunity to be free from here," she said, leaving Zartasha perplexed. How could she say that if they were just like them? Zartasha wondered.

"I know people very well, I have met them," she said, observing Zartasha's confused state.

She gently ran her fingers through Zartasha's hair and said, "Trust me."

"You're like a mother to me, and I know you'll think of what's best for me," Zartasha replied, placing her hand on top of hers. They embraced each other with teary eyes.

Perhaps this is the answer to my prayers, Zartasha thought, and drifted off to sleep.

Closing his laptop, he set it aside and reached for a cigarette from the side table. He walked towards the balcony, seeking solace in the night air. His mind drifted to Zartasha's aunt, contemplating the depths of her cruelty. How could someone be so heartless?

His anticipation for a positive response from her grew, but he couldn't bear the thought of a potential rejection. If she or her family were to say no, he was prepared to take matters into his own hands. Determination glimmered in his eyes as he pondered the lengths he would go to make Zartasha his own.

Throughout the night, his thoughts remained consumed by her well-being and safety. He silently uttered prayers, hoping that she would remain unharmed and protected from the trials of her harsh existence.

Follow me on IG @authornizay_