{81} A Fight Worth Fighting For

Start from the beginning

"Open the fucking door Zayden! Let's just talk!" The guy banged on the door and I looked around to find a weapon. I was getting up when Eden pulled me down and hugged me tight like the candy bag he had when I pushed Shane Nolan. I closed my eyes and sighed. That was not the time to bring Shane Nolan back to life in my mind!

"Don't worry, Eden. I'm coming right back. Don't move," I whispered and his eyes were getting glassy. I got up and looked around my room. There wasn't anything that was useful for a weapon. I groaned and I looked at the door. There was a small hole and I could see the light from the hall. I didn't know he was kicking the door! I grabbed my pencil and a lamp that was on my mini desk and walked to the door.

I slowly walked to the door and looked at Eden who was standing at the end of my bed, behind me. He gulped and nodded. I nodded back and I quickly opened the door and smashed the lamp onto the guy's head. He fell on the floor and groaned. I grabbed Eden and we ran downstairs but then I fell and I let go of Eden's hand.

"Run Eden!" I screamed and he froze. I felt a hand on my ankle and I tried shrugging it off but it grabbed me, I couldn't move. I looked behind to see the guy getting up and then I felt pain on the side of my back. I screamed and then I felt another one. The pencil I had was gone. I had no weapon.

"What are you going to do, faggot? You're not going to cry for your boyfriend? Huh?!" He screamed and kicked my again. I screamed again and looked around to find Eden and he was in the kitchen with a knife in his hand. I shook my head and the guy grabbed my hair, pulling me up. I hissed in pain and a fist connected with my jaw. I fell down but I quickly got and saw my dad behind the guy, glaring at him.

"Looks like you're going to the hospital with your fairy boyfriend," the guy said. Before he can punch me again, my dad turned him around and punched him out cold.

"Looks like you're going to jail with men," my dad said and looked at me. I ran to my dad and hugged him. Eden did the same and started to cry. My dad kissed my head and he did the same to Eden.

"What took you so long?" Eden asked.

My dad smiled down at him and said "I was waiting for the right moment." 

~~~

Luke Rough.

That was the guy who crashed into our house, and tried to beat the living crap out of me, get stabbed, knocked my dad out, beat Rhett, and was finally going to jail. I watched my dad talking to the police officer who was questioning him. Eden was sleeping on my lap as I combed my fingers through his hair. My mom did that when Eden had nightmares.

I knew he was going to have nightmares after that day. Poor Eden, His life was just mixed up with violence and  not enough happiness. I heard screaming coming from the audience and wanted to see what the hell was happening and then I saw Cassandra running towards me. I wanted to get up but Eden's head was on my lap.

"Oh my god, Zayden! What happened? Who did this to you?" Cassandra exclaimed and started rubbing my head. "Ma'am, you can't be here. You have to be behind the yellow tape like the rest of the people," the police officer who was talking to my dad said.

"No, I know her. She's my therapist," I said and leaned my head on her shoulder. The police officer backed off and went back to talking to my dad.

"I don't even know the guy. I didn't know he was in my school," I whispered.

"Do you know why he did that to you?" She asked and turned her face to look at me in the eyes. "Yeah. Alexandria paid him to hurt me. She did this because I stole her boyfriend." Cassandra shook her head and kissed mine and patted Eden's head

. "I'm just glad that you're okay." She said and a tear ran down her cheek.

"Well, I'm not. I think he broke my rib and he almost broke my jaw. Bastard," I mumbled. Cassandra nudged her shoulder onto mine and glared at me. I laughed and nudged her back. I looked at the cop car where Luke Rough was sitting inside of it.

He turned his head and we locked our eyes. His eyes were filled with regret and sadness and I almost felt bad for him. Almost. Then he gave me a crocked grin and leaned his head on the window. I shook my head and turned my attention back to Cassandra who was looking at my dad.

"We need to take you to the hospital, sir," a paramedic said. I shook my head and a pounding started to form. I needed to stop shaking my head.

"I'm fine but take me to the hospital. I want to see Rhett," I announced and started to shake Eden to wake him up. His eyes fluttered opened. He wiped his eyes and gave me a small smile.

"Come on, dickhead. We're going to the hospital," I said and started walking to ambulance's truck. I looked around and saw people staring at us with sympathy in their eyes. I didn't need their sympathy. I needed my family to be safe.

"Thanks for fighting for us, Zayden," Eden said and looked up at me.

I smiled and pulled him into a side hug. "Don't worry, dude. I was fighting because it was worth it."