PROLOGUE

IF THERE WAS anytime to feel uneasy about something, that time was today. In fact, I've been feeling this way for a week. From getting dirty looks from everyone at school to my friends completely avoiding me and leaving out of plans to hangout. I don't know what made them do that, but I have a strong feeling that somehow Clarice had something to do with it. All morning my stomach has been churring and the hallways were quiet. Quiet enough to hear a bobbing pin drop on the floor. But that was until I heard someone say, "I can't believe she would do that to her. That's so disgusting," before I heard my name on the speakers mounted in the corner of the ceilings.

When I got to the office, I saw my parents and Clarice's parents glaring at me and two police officers standing by Mr. Anderson. What was this about? Why were they here? What's going on?

"Ms. Hawkins, care to explain to me?" the principal turns her computer screen toward me showing Clarice's explicit pictures, her entire only fans page leaked to the public, and her parents' financial records, including her transaction into Harvard, in an email sent to the IRS. The moment I looked in the top right corner of the screen on the email, I found my email address.

I could feel my heart drop to my stomach, and my eyes widen. "I didn't—I didn't do anything! There's no—"

"If you didn't do anything, then why is your email and IP address number displayed on my screen as the hacker of Clarice's social media. How were you able to gain access to her parents' financial records?"

"Better yet, Clarice, why are you posting explicit pictures of yourself online?"

"Well, someone has to help their parents with bills somehow." Clarice explains to Mr. Anderson.

"I can't believe you would do such a thing, Meg. You're the only one who knew my parents were struggling. You're the only one who knew I was doing this to help them. But you do this, all because you saw Kayden and me together?" Clarice pulls the greatest, Oscar-worthy performance ever, bringing forth her tears.

Anger coursed through my veins as I heard the lies that fell from her mouth. I remembered that night. My best friend, Bianca, threw a house party over the weekend. You know, a night teenagers do things they shouldn't—drinking beer, smoking—be doing. It was around one in the morning, I was tipsy. I was heading to the bathroom next to the guest room and heard the most disgusting noise I could ever in my seventeen years of living.

High-pitched moans.

Breathy groans.

The bed frame hitting the walls.

Clarice screaming my boyfriend, Kayden's name.

What was worse, was what I saw when I walked in. She was on top of him—naked—and so enthralled into him. The minute he saw me, guilt was written on his face. He froze. And peaceful world—at least what I thought was peaceful—turned into ash, blowing away in the wind. All he could whisper was, "Sorry, I didn't really love you". The nerve of her to use that moment against me. The audacity she had. This is it. I've had enough. I'm done.

"My laptop was probably hacked. When I find who you probably hired to do this, when I gather all the proof, you're going to wish you never met me," I glare at her, swearing to find the person who just ruined my life.

"Hate to break it you, babe, but I already do. In fact, you're honestly better off in a grave somewhere, honey." A smirk hung on her lips.

"Clarice!" her mother finally enters the conversation. "Enough!"

"You're going to jail, Hawkins," her father vows, seething in his seat.

"I never pegged you for the type to ruin the poor girl's life, Meghan. I'm ashamed to even call you, my daughter," my mother uttered in disappointment.

"When we get home, you're not allowed to have your laptop anymore. No social media, and you're grounded for the rest of the year," my father follows through.

"You are one of our best students, Meghan. To think you would defame a fellow student like this all for a boy, I'm disappointed in you. I'm afraid I have no choice but to expel you from this school. You're lucky it's the last day of school before summer break. Officers, please escort her out of the school."

I had no energy to fight back. They didn't even listen to what I had to say. They didn't even care. It's not like they ever cared about me in general. It's the same as back then when I was twelve. And even further back when I was nine and even at five years old.

"Keep quiet. If you tell them, they'll never believe you."

"I'm sorry, uncle."

"You're under arrest for defamation and infiltration of Mr. and Mrs. Runnels private documents."

Humiliation should be my middle name at this point. Because that's all that's happened to me throughout the year. All caused by her, Clarice Runnels. But I don't care anymore. None of these people in this school mean anything to me anymore. They're all dead to me. I'll probably make a friend in juvie or probably die—that's probably better since I'm a burden to my parents anyway. None of them have to deal with me anymore. They'll never be able to talk to me anymore. No friends, no family, just me. All alone like I've always been.

To everyone I've probably wronged, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for being a brace-faced nerd.

I'm sorry for breathing.

I'm sorry for being a waste of space to all.

I hope you're all happy that I'm gone now. I hope you're not embarrassed by me anymore or embarrassed to be friends with me. Embarrassed to be related to me.

To my parents, I'm sorry I'm a disappointment to you. Maybe you should've miscarried, mom.

A/N: 

Welcome to I Wish You Never Met Me.