Chapter 15: NightWolf

NIGHTWOLF: Go! Your soul is not safe!

Sub-Zero takes the advice and hurries off.

QUAN CHI: Earthrealm's fate is sealed, Nightwolf!

NIGHTWOLF: Not yet! We fight until the end!

They fight. Nightwolf's protection from Quan Chi's magic and his own mystical powers give him equal footing in the battle with the Netherrealm sorcerer, and his fighting ability gives him the edge needed to defeat him. After an intense fight, Nightwolf beats Quan Chi to the ground.

NIGHTWOLF: Your time is over.

Before Nightwolf can finish Quan Chi, Noob Saibot recovers and rushes him. Nightwolf blocks and avoids his attacks before striking with a right cross to Noob's face. Noob fights back, only to get a backfist blocked and take a left hook to the kidney. Nightwolf goes on the offensive, but Noob counters a downward punch, twists Nightwolf's arm and strikes him in the chest with an open palm. Nightwolf growls in anger and charges in, lands a solid punch across Noob's face and kicks him into the Soulnado.

Noob Saibot is sucked up into the Soulnado, infecting it with his wraith-like powers. As he is pulled into the heavens, the Soulnado turns from glowing green to purple. Quan Chi pulls himself to his feet, and realising the battle is lost, immediately opens a portal and escapes. Nightwolf generates a mystical shield to protect himself as the Soulnado gathers itself into a giant portal and explodes outward. Nightwolf is thrown from his feet as the shockwave travels across the cemetary, destroying everything in the immediate radius. Nightwolf, however, is unharmed and sits up.

NIGHTWOLF: Pilamaya. ("Thank you" in Lakotan.)

Back at the temple, the Forces of Light are in the midst of a discussion.

SONYA: But how do we know? Raiden could be having visions of possible futures, not the future.

JAX: Sonya's right. Was I supposed to have my arms replaced with these? Or was it caused by interfering with the timeline?

JOHNNY CAGE: My head hurts just thinking about it.

KITANA: This isn't helpful. We cannot second guess our decisions. Raiden, what are your thoughts?

Raiden is unresponsive.

KITANA: Raiden?

He suddenly reacts.

RAIDEN: Yes, that is best.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: What is our next objective?

LIU KANG: Nightwolf!

The Forces of Light turn to see Nightwolf approach them.

NIGHTWOLF: It is done. Earthrealm's souls are safe.

Raiden looks at his amulet. More cracks appear on it.

RAIDEN: No! How is it not enough?!

He slams a palm down on the slab in front of him.

RAIDEN: I must speak with the Elder Gods. Shao Kahn's violation must be punished.

LIU KANG: But the battle is joined here, in Earthrealm!

RAIDEN: We cannot win without the Elder Gods.

LIU KANG: But Master

JOHNNY CAGE: Liu Kang, close as a shadow...

RAIDEN: Nightwolf, you will lead until we return.

NIGHTWOLF: As you wish, Haokah.

Raiden takes a hold of Liu Kang and they disappear in a flash of lightning.