Chapter 10: Jade

In the Armoury, Baraka and another Tarkatan are inspecting a crate of shotguns.

BARAKA: That is all of them.

Baraka puts his shotgun in the crate. The other Tarkatan, fiddling with a shotgun of his own, points the barrel directly in Baraka's face. Angrily, Baraka swipes the gun from him.

BARAKA: That is no toy! It belongs to Lily and Shang Tsung! We are finished. Return to your post.

The Tarkatan walks off. Baraka places the shotgun in the crate and turns to spot Jade walking toward him.

JADE: Stand aside. I will see Kitana.

BARAKA: No one enters the Tower.

JADE: You are an excellent guard dog, Baraka. But you must learn to heel.

BARAKA: I do not take orders from you.

They fight. While a vicious fighter, Baraka is unprepared to deal with Jade's agility and her reach with her staff and boomerangs. After an intense battle, Jade soon has the Tarkatan down on the ground.

JADE: Good boy.

Baraka groans as Jade walks over to him.

BARAKA: Edenians have no loyalty.

JADE: Blind loyalty is not a good thing, as I have learned. You must keep your eyes open to anticipate the finishing blow.

BARAKA: What are you talki

Jade interrupts him by stamping on his face, knocking him out.

JADE: You make it too easy.

She walks off. In the Tower, Kitana is magically bound to a statue with Sheeva standing over her as jailer.

SHEEVA: If you had not dishonoured yourself by

KITANA: Jade!

Sheeva turns to face the newcomer.

SHEEVA: My orders are clear. No one is allowed in the Tower.

JADE: As you can see, I am here.

SHEEVA: Here to help the princess escape! You would deny her execution? The only means of regaining her honour?

JADE: We have very different concepts of honour, Shokan.

They fight. Much like Baraka before her, Sheeva has quite the difficulty fighting someone with as much agility and reach as Jade does, even with two extra arms to help her. The battle soon ends with Sheeva unconscious.

JADE: Not much of a jailor, are you?

She turns to Kitana.

JADE: Now then, Your Highness, let us see how quickly we can remove these bonds.

KITANA: Jade, I...

JADE: I am too.

Before she can continue, she hears a sound from behind the door to the Tower.

BARAKA: Stop her!

MILEENA: Do not let her get away!

LILY TSUNG: Gotta love a good chase.

KITANA: Go. Find Raiden. Ask for his help.

With no choice, Jade does as Kitana asks. The scene cuts to the Wastelands. Jade has just finished running from several unseen assailants.

JADE: That should distance me from any pursuers.

Mileena and Lily Tsung then teleports in front of her. Jade turns to face the two.

MILEENA: Others pursue. I find.

JADE: By the gods... You are Mileena!

MILEENA: You must return with me! There is to be a celebration for my sister! She is going away...

They fight. While Mileena is an adversary just as quick and fierce as Jade, she lacks the fighting experience of the Edenian warrior. After an intense battle, Jade manages to beat Mileena unconscious.

JADE: I am more of a sister to Kitana than you. I must find Raiden.

RAIDEN: He is here.

Raiden teleports into the wastelands with Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage and Smoke. Upon spotting Mileena's body, Smoke immediately jumps to the wrong conclusion.

SMOKE: Kitana turns away from Shao Kahn so you attack her rather than join her?

Jade holds up a hand in mercy.

JADE: This is not

Raiden holds back Liu Kang and the others.

RAIDEN: Smoke, stop! That is not Kitana!

SMOKE: You will come no closer!

They fight. Although she doesn't want to battle, Jade has no problem defending herself against an unwarranted attack. After a brief melee, Smoke is down on the ground.

JADE: I did not wish to do that.

Raiden approaches as Jade as Smoke picks himself up.

JADE: Lord Raiden. I come at the request of

While they're speaking, Johnny turns to Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

JOHNNY CAGE: "Lord"? I was with Smoke. I thought she was a bad guy eh, girl. Guess he turned another one. What's Raiden got that I haven't got?

LIU KANG: God-like power?

KUNG LAO: A personality that is not at all like sanding paper?

JOHNNY CAGE: Jerks.

JADE: ...if we do not save her, she will be executed. Kitana does not have much time!

At the mention of Kitana, the guys walk forward to join the conversation.

LIU KANG: Kitana... executed? Where is she?

JADE: Held captive in the Tower of Shao Kahn's fortress.

LIU KANG: I wil

RAIDEN: I am not pleased with this outcome either, Liu Kang. But there is no time. We must return to the tournament.

LIU KANG: But you are responsible for her capture! You persuaded her to turn against Shao Kahn!

KUNG LAO: Lord Raiden, we can free her as others fight in our stead, and join you thereafter.

RAIDEN: Very well.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao nod to each other, and as Kung walks off, Liu only pauses to give Raiden a brief look of comtempt before joining him.

KUNG LAO: We will meet you at the Coliseum.