Chapter 14: Cyber Sub-Zero

The camera cuts to a view of the temple the heroes are currently in. Cyber Sub-Zero sits up on the slab he's been placed on. He grunts in displeasure.

SMOKE: What is it?

CYBER SUB-ZERO: I remember... The things I have done for Shao Kahn...

Smoke places a hand on his friends shoulder.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: He cannot be allowed to merge the realms.

Nightwolf turns to Raiden.

NIGHTWOLF: Haokah, how can Sub-Zero best help us?

RAIDEN: I do not know. My attempts to alter future events have had negative consequences. Sub-Zero should never have undergone this transformation. Enlisting him may only further divert the flow of time.

STRYKER: We need intel, right? Let's send him back to Outworld undercover.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: They will be unaware of my defection. I could deceive them.

Raiden considers this in silence. The scene then cuts to Shao Kahn's throne room. Sektor and Cyrax are conversing with Noob Saibot, while several Tarkatan minions await orders. A portal has been opened and Cyber Sub-Zero walks through it.

NOOB: Earthrealm is finished. It will not be missed.

SEKTOR: Very well. You will return.

Noob and Cyrax walk off into the portal, with the minions following.

SEKTOR: You report late. Where is the intruder?

CYBER SUB-ZERO: I killed him in Earthrealm.

SEKTOR: He should have been saved for interrogation.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: He was formidable. I had no choice.

SEKTOR: Follow me. We must lead a new mission.

Sektor walks into the portal and Sub-Zero follows. They emerge in the Subway.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: What mission brings us here?

SEKTOR: I have scanned your neural net, 5-2-0. Your neuromodulators have been recalibrated.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: Impossible.

SEKTOR: The experience has been deleted from your system. Remove your access panel.

As Sektor moves in, Sub-Zero grabs his wrist and palm-strikes him in the chest, sending him careening across the platform.

SEKTOR: Your programming has been corrupted.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: My soul was corrupted. Now it is cleansed.

They fight. Sub-Zero would have been a match for Sektor even without his cybernetic upgrades; with them, the match is one-sided and ends quickly with Sektor's systems being knocked offline.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: Artificial enhancements are no substitute for the human soul.

Sub-Zero walks over to Sektor's inert form and accesses his mainframe. The camera cuts to his POV as he hacks into the system and discovers Sektor's true orders; they are to escort military prisoners from Vogel University to St Dominic's Cemetary for processing, with uncooperative prisoners being expendable. Sub-Zero also finds the path being taken from the station to the university and the cemetary.

CYBER SUB-ZERO: Thank you, Sektor.

The scene cuts to the clock tower of St Dominic's Cemetary. Eight army soldiers are currently being kept prisoner, with Kano, Goro and Kintaro watching over him. Kano takes the opportunity to blast the soldiers with his eye laser, laughing as he does so.