Chapter 1: Johnny Cage

LIU KANG: Lord Raiden! What is wrong?

RAIDEN: Strange visions...

A crackling of magic emanates from Raiden's amulet. He holds it in his hand. It has cracked in several places.

LIU KANG: Your amulet!

RAIDEN: It is nothing, Liu Kang. The tournament begins.

They both turn to witness a procession of monks walking towards them. It becomes apparent they are on Shang Tsung's magical island. Johnny Cage watches alongside Sonya Blade to the left of them. Sub-Zero is slightly behind them with Cyrax and Sektor (both currently human) flanking him.

The camera cuts to behind the grandmasters throne. The elderly Shang-Tsung and her Daughter, Lily Tsung walks out, flanked by Kitana and Jade. Baraka enters as well to the left of them. Nightwolf watches cautiously, while Quan Chi and Scorpion watch them impassively. The monks finish their walk and sit down before Lily and Shang Tsung.

SHANG TSUNG: Kombatants. I am Shang Tsung! In the coming days each of you will fight. Some are here of their own volition, others were brought here by chance...

As Tsung continues talking, Johnny Cage looks to his right at Sonya.

JOHNNY CAGE: Hey, beautiful. Johnny Cage.

SONYA: Good for you.

JOHNNY CAGE: What? "Massive Strike", "Citizen Cage", "Ninja Mime"? None of those ring a bell?

Sonya looks over to see another kombatant walking out into the arena.

SONYA: Kano...

JOHNNY CAGE: "Kano"? Wasn't in that one...

SHANG TSUNG: You participate in the most important Mortal Kombat in history! This tournament, the tenth after nine Outworld victories, will determine Earthrealm's fate. If you defeat all of your opponents, you will face one final challenge... me.

JOHNNY CAGE: Huh! That old geezer's Daughter the final challenge? They might as well give me the belt right now. They do have belts, right?

Someone coughs behind Cage. He turns around to see Lily Tsung standing beside him.

JOHNNY CAGE: What? How did you

LILY TSUNG: Appearances can be deceiving. Do not interrupt my Father again!

She levitates back towards her Fathers throne standing beside him.

SHANG TSUNG: Our first kombatant will be Mr. Cage!

Johnny laughs defiantly and strides forward.

JOHNNY CAGE: That's right! That's right! Who's it gonna be?

LILY TSUNG: Reptile!

Cage looks toward a rooftop of the arena. Reptile materialises on the rooftop and jumps to the arena floor to the monks applause.

JOHNNY CAGE: Nice stunt! Who's your agent?

LILY TSUNG: Begin!

JOHNNY CAGE: All right, it's showtime!

They fight. Cage gets his chance to show off his considerable martial skills against the Zaterran assassin. After a fierce exchange, Cage shows he can back up his trash talking by managing to defeat Reptile.

JOHNNY CAGE: He got Caged! That's it, ha haa! Oh yeah! I'm so pretty!

Liu Kang and Raiden watch Johnny's gloating with equal amounts of disgust. Cage then stalks up to several of the observing kombatants.

JOHNNY CAGE: And I'm takin' you down, I'm takin' you down, I'm takin' you out, I'm takin' you out, and I'm taking you out...

He's now in front of Sonya.