Chapter 5: Liu Kang

Back in Shang Tsung's throne room, several masked guards are escorting a new warrior, covered in a mask of cloth and red clothing.

SHANG TSUNG: Kombatants! I present this latest creation of Shao Kahn and my Daughter. He is many warriors, their souls fused into one being. Behold... Ermac!

Ermac assumes a fighting kata. He glows with green energy, light crackling and the air rippling around him. Johnny Cage is once again impressed, Kano snickers under his breath.

RAIDEN: Be wary, Liu Kang. He is unlike anything you have fought before.

Liu Kang steps up to face Ermac.

LILY TSUNG: Liu Kang! You are the sole Earthrealm warrior to progress to this final stage of the tournament!

LIU KANG: I am ready.

ERMAC: We are many. You are one. We will destroy you.

They fight. Ermac's telekenetic powers and control over magic would be an even match for several kombatants, but Liu Kang is no oridinary warrior. After an intense battle, his fighting skill overcomes the mystical warrior.

LIU KANG: Earthrealm will not fall into your master's hands.

With the fight over, the kombatants take their leave. Kitana walks over to Lily and Shang Tsung, who is seething with rage.

KITANA: He is a greater threat than anticipated. I will insure he does not reach the final challenge.

LILY TSUNG:*Whispers to Shang Tsung* I will go and keep and eye on her father, I sense she will betray us.

SHANG TSUNG: Very well Daughter.

Shang Tsung  nods his approval and Kitana departs after Kang and Lily Tsung follows Kitana. Later in the forest, Liu Kang is practicing a kata with Raiden watching.

RAIDEN: Remember Bo' Rai Cho's teachings. For my vision to be realised, you must not let emotion overpower you.

LIU KANG: Your visions. What causes them?

RAIDEN: My future self sent them to me. Perhaps to ensure some outcome.

LIU KANG: Or to prevent one.

Raiden gasps again. Another vision appears in his mind, this time of future Raiden.

FUTURE RAIDEN: He must win!

The vision disappears.

RAIDEN: "He must win". Those are my last words before I die. I believe it is you who must win.

He takes off his amulet.

RAIDEN: This amulet was forged by the Elder Gods. It cracked here in the present after my first vision. If we choose wisely, the future will be secured and the cracks healed.

LIU KANG: I trust you will make the right decisions.

RAIDEN: We must trust in the Elder Gods, Liu Kang.

Raiden teleports away in a flash of lightning. Liu Kang prepares to resume his kata, only to find Kitana walking toward him. She attacks immediately, but he blocks all of her attacks and kicks her away. She tries again, fails to land a good hit and he kicks her away again. Getting angry, Kitana tries another attack, but Liu Kang grabs both her arms before she can connect. He seems rather intrigued by her efforts.

LIU KANG: You're good! Show me more.

She pushes him back.

KITANA: Do not underestimate me, Shaolin.

They fight. Even with ten thousand years of experience behind her, Kitana is pretty much outclassed by the Shaolin warrior. She is soon down on the floor.