Chapter 5 [Rewrite]

Like I announced, the rewrite will have its own book to avoid confusing new and old fans alike.

"Lovers Quarrel"

This is the last chapter I will post on this book about the rewrite.

From now on, this book will follow the original more fucked up version of the story.

Much love

-Mort

Y/n

.

.

.

.

.

Hours have passed since I left the barber shop. Gwen  decided that I wasn't adult enough to go shopping for my own clothes, or shoes.

Gwen is sweet, too sweet.

A small sigh exits my mouth as the cool wind hits the back of my head.

Man... I forgot how nice it feels to get a haircut.

Gwen's hand slides on my shoulder. The smile I had became hard for me to hide.

Gwen: "My house is always open to you Y/n."

She swings around to my chest and gives me a hug. My arms wrap around her for a moment, though the bags did make it hard to move.

Me: "I think you've done enough for me, Gwen."

The sun began to set on one of the most gratifying days I've had in years.

And all on Evelynn's dime.

Gwen: "I'd do more if I could—"

Me: "You've done enough Gwen."

I let her go and she steps back. Though she had a frown, I could tell she was happy.

Me: "Thank you, Gwen."

Gwen looked like she wanted to say something, but she kept quiet about it.

Gwen: "You're welcome Y/n."

She turned around just as a car pulled up in front of the store.

Gwen: "Take care of yourself..."

She walked away without another word. I grab Evelynn's phone, with a smile still plastered on my face.

As soon as I hear the door close, and the car drive off I put the phone back.

You care too much Gwen.

I sighed deeply.

It's a whole helluva lot harder to not give a fuck when someone gives a fuck.

For now though...

I lift the many bags in my arms higher up to get a better grip.