Chapter 4

I grab my flask, and sit down on my rotten kitchen chair.

After taking a big gulp, I place it back in my coat pocket.

Fuck.

I rub my temples, my eyes still burning from all the crying I've been doing.

I expected to go the rest of my life without having to see her in person.

I stand up shakily, my weight nearly making me fall over.

I wasn't sure what the time was, I never am.

There's no clocks, no phones, nothing here.

Late, it's late.

The moon was on its rise.

Late.

I walk away from the kitchen and stumble into my bedroom. The dirty mattress on the floor and the beers strewn about were a clear indication of its untidiness.

I stumble forward, falling face first on the mattress after slipping on one of the many bottles.

I take deep breaths as I manage to turn myself around.

The rats and touches scurried around, making their usual noise. Something I had grown accustomed to in this death trap.

The roof began to crack.

Ah shit.

I quickly stand up, just as the rotted part of the rough falls down.

My mattress was crushed along with any assorted bottles, sending crushed glass flying about.

None grazed me, any cut would probably be a death sentence, I'm out of disinfectants.

I slide my hands into my coat pocket taking out my flask before taking a swig of it.

I groan and wipe my chin from any stray alcohol.

I use the wall to support myself.

A poor choice, considering the walls are just as bad as the roof.

The walls cracked, and I took that as my cue to move away from them, before the house collapsed in on itself.

I head back into the kitchen, and head for the cabinets. I open them up, a rat jumps out and scurries around to the corner.

I shake my head and grab my revolver.

She's coming, soon.

I squeeze the handle of the revolver.

I can feel it.

I open the cartridge.

One bullet left huh...

I slide the gun into my pocket, and return to my kitchen chair, as it was the final object I could sit on.

I downed my flask, until it was empty, then I threw it aside.

The flask skid on the ground till it stopped.

I close my eyes and let it happen. Let the world decide what is going to happen.

Me: "I'm a failure in every sense of the word..."

It's about time I got my penance...

Evelynn's Perspective

.

One hour later...

.
.
.