Chapter 3 [Rewrite]

Ahri

.

.

.

.

.

Evelynn's car comes to a stop.

Me: "Is this the place, Eve?"

Looking around, I stop a few homeless people slumped over with brown bags in a few of their hands. Everything looked rundown, and had a strange green hue to it. Like someone smoked everything with some green chemical.

Me: "It looks a little—"

Evelynn: "It looks repulsive dear, don't sugar coat it."

Normally, I wouldn't question Evelynn's choices. More often than not, she knows what she's talking about.

But this is so abnormal...

I step out of the car, following her movements, as did Kai'sa and Akali.

Me: "Just so we're clear, this mystery guy you want to hire so bad, is your ex?"

She nods as we line up behind her.

Akali: "I... feel very uncomfortable..."

Kai'sa grabs Akali's hand.

Kai'sa: "Bear with it Kal, we've only got to visit the man to see if he'd be willing to help."

Akali frowned but didn't back away, so we kept things moving.

Me: "Are you absolutely sure, this guy is worth the trouble?"

We push past the overgrown grass until we make it to the front of the apartment complex.

Evelynn: "Yes."

I frown looking down at the cardboard box of food she had in her hand as we entered the complex.

She even bought him food, and she was very specific with the order too.

We go down the hall and take a right. Along the way, we spot a receptionist who didn't seem to care we just walked inside, and a few other people walking down the hall opposite of us.

Just who is this guy?

Evelynn stops at one of the doors and turns around to face us.

Evelynn: "Y/n and I didn't exactly end on good terms, so when we get in there, let me do the talking."

I felt an intense wave of anxiety wash over me as she reached for the door.

That's when the door suddenly popped off it's hinges. My eyes widened as I hear a loud thump, and see a man fall to the ground.

Kai'sa pulls Akali off to the side. The young girl clings to Kai'sa, like a kid would it's mother.

I stood back, but Evelynn seemed unfazed.