Volume 2 - Ch. 6 Genius and Hope

The chime that usually signals the end of school rings out like the sound of war.

Today is the second day of discussions regarding the violent incident... or so it seems.

For the students of Class D, it is undoubtedly an important day that could determine their fate.

Originally, only one day was allocated for the discussions.

However, due to the complete clash of opinions between the two classes, it has led to a retrial.

The student council president, Hokita, made the decision for the retrial.

It appears that the student council is in charge of this incident and holds absolute authority.

If Hokita has made the judgment, it is highly unlikely that any bias would come into play.

The argument from Class C is that they want punishment for Sudou, a student from Class D, who allegedly assaulted them.

On the other hand, Class D claims that Sudou acted in self-defense as he was attacked first by multiple students from Class C. They argue that it was a justified response and request the removal of punishment.

Their arguments are completely opposite. This means that one of the classes is undoubtedly telling a "lie."

There was a one-day extension granted until the retrial, and during that time, the class that has been lying is expected to confess. The true purpose of the extension is for the opposing class to expose the other's lie and present clear evidence within the day.

Here comes the crucial part.

If they manage to provide evidence, the class that has been lying will face a minimum penalty of several weeks of suspension or even expulsion.

With this, Class C has achieved its original goal. They have gained an understanding of the school's intervention, penalties, and the tolerance for violence.

Their goal has been accomplished. Hence, the retrial scheduled for today has lost its significance.

To clarify, it is Class C that has been lying, so all they need to do is confess.

They should stick to their claim of being victims and forcefully push it through.

By now, Class D is probably desperately taking measures to protect the few points they have gained.

However, for the students of Class C, this is just another day in their ordinary lives.

The classroom is filled with the same familiar scenes, unchanged from yesterday. Shiina-san reading her book, Ishizaki-kun greeting loudly, students leaving the classroom briskly to attend club activities, and others chatting with friends as they slowly head home.

It is an uneventful and monotonous daily routine.

The students who consider themselves "victims," led by Ishizaki-kun, have blind trust in Ryuen's instructions, so they have no worries.

I, too, have provided some assistance, so their chances of winning have slightly increased.

But, of course, there are losers as well.

The danger lies in being recorded while having a slip in conversation.

Everything I have done so far has been nothing more than equipping them with tools for assistance. It was not something Ishizaki-kun himself discovered.

If I don't make any slips... No, it doesn't matter anymore.

I can already predict the future beyond that.