Volume 1 - Ch. 7 Midterm Exam

What is the right thing to do on the day of the exam?

What actions would you take?

Should you cram everything you can remember until the last moment?

Should you continue with your daily routine, calm your mind to avoid nervousness, and prepare for the actual exam?

Or should you give up and faint while standing?

Different people can come up with different thoughts from here.

In other words, there is no definitive answer to what is right.

But perhaps we can consider this as the right way of thinking: "What comes with results" is what is right.

In other words, as long as you can score well on the test, it doesn't matter what actions you take on that day as long as they suit you.

Whether it is long-term memory or short-term memory, the result being good is what matters.

If you think in such a pragmatic way, you will be able to "satisfy" yourselves, won't you?

And this way of thinking is not limited to just tests.

It is particularly evident in modern society.

But let's stop here with further extrapolation, as it could lead to infinite pursuit.

"Hmm, it seems there are no absentees. That's good. If there were absentees, it would deduct class points accordingly."

While thinking about such things, I heard Mr. Sakagami's voice.

Today is the day of the midterm exam. He finishes writing the exam schedule on the whiteboard and stands at the podium, looking at each student one by one.

"This is the first test for you as high school students. Moreover, it's a test with considerably severe consequences. I think the tension and anxiety weighing on you are beyond what ordinary high school students experience. But I believe in all of you. Just by being able to enter this school, you are wonderful students."

There is no falsehood in Mr. Sakagami's words. Even the nervous students seem to relax little by little as they listen to his words.

This is quite different from the imitation of a teacher with a mix of a rabbit and a bear.

"I have good news for you. If you pass the midterm and final exams..."

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

Suddenly, a voice that seems impossible for a single person to produce interrupts Mr. Sakagami's grateful words.

Everyone was genuinely surprised by this voice.

The sound of chairs moving echoes simultaneously, and some people's expressions change.

This shout can be heard from the hallway, no, the neighboring classroom. Considering the direction of the sound, it's probably from Class D.

From the fact that it can be heard even in the neighboring classroom, it's evident that they are shouting quite loudly.

And this voice feels more like a war cry than a scream.

Even calm Mr. Sakagami momentarily shows a face of not understanding what happened. However, it doesn't last long, and he quickly returns to his usual strict expression, attempting to continue his speech.

"Ahem!... If you pass the midterm and final exams, a vacation awaits you in the summer. In anticipation of that joy, give your all in this exam. That's all from me. I pray for your success."