Volume 1 - Ch. 4 Called by the King

One week has passed since Ryuen-kun's declaration. The chaotic atmosphere during after-school time has gradually settled down.

It can be said that the king is being decided at this point.

Honestly, it would be unbearable if this situation continues for another week.

The increasing number of students with bandages on their faces or hiding behind masks indicates that intense conflicts are taking place during after-school hours.

And it's not limited to just after-school. Even during classes, the atmosphere has become tense and grim, with students focusing on finding each other's weaknesses.

Due to the points issue, everyone is taking it seriously.

This further emphasizes the eerie atmosphere.

If this situation is about to end soon, those who genuinely want to study and are taking it seriously would feel relieved.

There are only two weeks left until the midterm exams, so it's fortunate for the faction involved in the conflict if it ends quickly.

With these thoughts in mind, it's time for the morning homeroom, and Mr. Sakagami enters the classroom.

"I was going to start today's homeroom... but to be honest, there's no particular announcement to make today. However, it seems that he has something he wants to discuss with everyone."

As Mr. Sakagami says that, a male student stands up and walks towards the teacher's desk.

The one Mr. Sakagami is referring to is Ryuen-kun.

So, it seems he has become the king. How boring.

I heard from Ibuki-san that she has also joined his faction, although she seemed to have resisted for a while before accepting. Well, it seems she wasn't fully convinced... That's why our contact has been cut off recently, and it's a sad situation.

"For me to call out to all of you like this, I assume you already have an idea of what I want to talk about... Yesterday, I gained control over everyone who opposed me."

"In other words, I am now the true king. I'm using this homeroom time to inform you all about it."

Ryuen-kun's words continue.

"This is one of the things I want to tell you all as a confirmation. But there's one more thing I want to discuss, which is more important. It's about my strategy for the upcoming class struggle. I will definitely win, no matter what."

"To achieve that, I will use any means necessary and emerge as the victor in the end. If you don't like it, feel free to oppose me at any time."

"But let me make a promise. I will guide everyone in this class to Class A. So, those who actively support me will receive preferential treatment. That's all."

He exudes confidence.

This is probably what contributes to his charisma. In fact, as his words are heard, the gazes of the students who were previously opposed to him are gradually turning into agreement. Well, there may still be some fear and jealousy, but most of them seem to be in agreement.

However, there are still some who haven't accepted Ryuen-kun as their king.

After all, he hasn't achieved any significant results in the class struggle yet.

Those who have doubts about following him or not will probably make their decision based on the results of the upcoming class struggle. Well, I don't care about the class struggle, so I'll just prepare for class.