Volume 1 - Ch. 6 Negotiation

"What on earth are you doing...?"

"Hehehe, something unexpected happened. So, I'll rely on your intuition."

Time flies unexpectedly fast. It feels like just a moment ago it was the end of lunch break, but now it's already after school.

No matter what you do, time keeps passing, but when you're focused on something, it feels like time flies even faster than usual.

You must have experienced that feeling too, right?

I feel something similar. However, it's not because I find the classes enjoyable. The content of the classes themselves is dull. I remember everything we learn at the level of a first-year high school student.

But to make sure others understand it perfectly, I need to think about how to teach it effectively, what methods to use, and how to apply what they learn in the future. Thinking about all that, time seems to pass faster than I expected.

As I mentioned earlier, it is now after school.

I was about to go to the library again for the study session after school, but now I find myself being taken away by Ryuen-kun.

"When I tried to take you to a place outside the surveillance camera's view to get hints from the seniors, your intentions were somehow transmitted to them. It wouldn't have been possible to react that quickly unless they had experienced the same thing."

Ryuen-kun brought me here for a reason, even though I had entrusted the after-school study session to Shiina-san. But what could be his reason?

In short, he failed at the secret technique he mentioned earlier. He perceives things as if it were a game. Perhaps it was because of his carelessness that he failed.

Well, it would be premature to give up on him. It would be wise to review and learn from his mistakes, so he doesn't make the same ones again.

"What are you planning to do? Are you going to get information about the test from the student council?"

Ryuen-kun's answer is unfortunately incorrect.

But perhaps that was what the school was seeking.

It seems that the student council has considerable power in this school.

They might know about the questions for the midterm exams.

If we can obtain that information, we can overcome this crisis. It's not impossible that the school has prepared such a method to deal with emergencies.

However, that's not the case this time.

"No, I'm doing the same thing you were trying to do—obtaining past exam questions."

"Kukukuh, in that case, it's almost confirmed. Those third-years I threatened earlier managed to escape, but that guy is such a fool. Even though I didn't say anything, he leaked some information about the past exams. As I suspected, it seems like there's something important in the past exams."

The credibility was probably low.

But Ryuen-kun, who understood the reason behind the sudden change in the test scope, doubted everything that could be doubted.

From there, one of the answers he arrived at was obtaining past exam questions, and he seemed to have almost confirmed it just now.

"The school is seeking a way to deal with emergencies. Obtaining past exam questions is one of the answers. If you can predict the question trends, the way they are presented, the number of questions, and how to manage your time in advance, there won't be any chance of getting a failing grade."