Volume 1 - Ch. 2 Speculation

Suddenly, I have one question to ask.

Even as someone called the Super High School-Level Hope, it's difficult for me to answer this question.

Since time is precious, I'll throw the question right away.

Question: How should a conversation be initiated when walking home in pairs, one male and one female, from school?

I don't have any romantic feelings or experiences, so even though I can make predictions, I can't be certain. And in this case, it's a bit troublesome to think about how to continue the conversation.

If it's a typical boy and girl, they would gradually open up and become more comfortable with each other while feeling a bit nervous. For example, if they talk about the weather or the classes of the day, the conversation would naturally continue, and their distance from each other would gradually shorten.

But is that really enough? If both of them have feelings for each other, maybe it's fine. But if it's a relationship where they haven't spent much time together, wouldn't that way of initiating a conversation be strange?

So, should a high school boy, in order to deepen the relationship, suddenly start sweet-talking and flirting with the opposite sex while walking home?

Absolutely not. That would be unthinkable. Moreover, if I were to say something like that, it would shatter the image. ...I've been thinking too much and the conversation has gone off track.

Now, why am I so troubled?

The answer: Ibuki-san is walking parallel to me.

Let me say it once again, it's true that I have all sorts of talents, so it's possible for me to speak in a way that makes the other person feel comfortable.

However, what if a guy who was silent and didn't talk at all suddenly displayed an overwhelming ability to talk like a seasoned con artist? What would you think?

It would be creepy, wouldn't it?

And what if a person with facial muscles that don't show any movement suddenly wore an incredibly refreshing smile? What would you think?

It would be creepy, wouldn't it?

And especially if sweet words were uttered?

It would be the worst-case scenario, leading to being reported.

Being reported and immediately expelled on the first day of high school is truly despairing. Even if I'm called the Super High School-Level Hope (laughs), I can't complain about that.

So, Ibuki-san, you can talk to me soon.

It's rare for me to be in a difficult situation like this.

***

"(My class is... Class C.)"

I am Mio Ibuki. I am a female student who is starting today at this Advanced Development High School.

This school boasts a staggering 100% rate of college enrollment and job placement, and it is known for its high academic achievements as well as its various extracurricular activities. Moreover, it is an exceptionally extraordinary school operated by the government.

If you were to investigate the graduates of this school, most of them would be people whose names you have heard at least once on TV.

So, with a school as amazing as this, my future should also become brighter, right? That's why I chose this school for my career path, as I can live on my own, and I passed the entrance exam. I've come this far with a somewhat airy feeling. But still, I feel uneasy being alone.