Volume 2 - Ch. 5 Eccentric, Delinquent, and Supportive Items

Sunday has passed, and Monday morning has arrived.

I wake up early.

Once I open my eyes, the first thing I do is stretch and loosen my stiff body.

Next, I wash my face to awaken my senses.

After awakening, I tidy up the futon and head to the kitchen.

While I'm toasting bread, still dressed in all-black sleepwear, I efficiently make a bento using the leftovers from yesterday's dinner that I had prepared in advance.

I take out a bottle of free drinks I brought in bulk from the school vending machine from the refrigerator and have something to drink for the first time today.

Once I feel the cold liquid pass through my throat, I hear a beep, and a well-toasted toast with a satisfying crunch is ready. I spread some leftover anko from making kusamochi and slightly expensive store-bought butter on top of it and start my breakfast.

After finishing my meal, I wash the dishes I used.

Once that's done, I change into the unique uniform of this school.

Lastly, I gather the things I need to bring to school and put them in my school bag.

After preparing as reasonably as possible, I finally check my phone.

When I finish all these actions in about 30 minutes, as usual, the electronic text of 7:00 AM is reflected in my eyes, as intense as blood.

Since the morning HR (homeroom) starts at 8:30, I have quite a bit of free time until then.

However, since I don't have anything specific to do, I finish the necessary minimum of rest and grooming and leave my dormitory room.

The sound of locking the door echoes in the empty space, and I continue towards the direction of the elevator without stopping.

Without encountering anyone along the way, I arrive at the elevator and operate the buttons with mechanical movements.

As I descend to the first-floor shared area, I see a few dormitory staff, administrators, and a few early-morning students from my class and D class. There are large tables that could accommodate a party game with a decent number of people, and multiple three-seater sofas that look comfortable, but both are unoccupied.

There are also spaces available all over, but something feels lacking.

With each step I take, my footsteps sound sharp and crisp.

...Ah, how boring.

From one morning to another, I bow to the diligent janitor of the dormitory and leave the dormitory.

As I step outside, I am greeted by the strong sunlight, and the heat of midsummer seeps into my body.

This school does not differentiate between summer and winter uniforms, so even in summer, we wear blazers.

Therefore, for a few minutes of commuting, it is hot, and just going to school makes me feel gloomy.

But once I reach the school, it's heaven.

Since the classrooms are equipped with air conditioning, it's cool.

Considering how much money they spend so freely, it truly feels like a school supported by the government.

While walking, I recall if there is anything different today to make it an interesting day.

After thinking for a few seconds, I remember that there is still one more day until the discussion between Class C and Class D.