| c h a p t e r 9 |

Ω It's important to let people finish the sentence Ω

-Travis-

He got the spot on the beach for fireworks and set down a picnic mat with a few towels. Who know they won't need it? Then he headed off to Katie's cabin, this time he chose to walk in from the front door, wanting to surprise her. He noticed no one is in the cabin except the light coming from the door at the end of the room.

He poked his head in and saw Katie wears a bottom-up white shirt, its length down till her thighs, so he didn't catch what she has underneath. And as stupid as he is, he asked her to unbotton her shirt, revealing her green bikini. He thought he would have nose-bleed right on the spot. Next, he did the best decision on his life (other than being a good son for his mother), he botton up her shirt. But the worst thing almost happened, almost. Katie starts to look sick and question him why did he did this, she thought he doesn't like what she wears, for him. The truth is he like it, a lot; but he thinks he might die from heart attack or something if she wearing like that beside him for too long, and he doesn't want the others to see it. He told her the second half of his thoughts; he doesn't want to be a perv when they are just getting into good terms.

Katie seems touched by the fact he got the best spot for the fireworks and put out a picnic mat. She told him it's fine to act jealous for her. The last thing: they hold hands. Gods, he is not some teenager who hasn't been through relationships, and here he is exciting about holding hands with Katie. She didn't pull back. He can still recall the feeling of her small hand fit in his and the warm that shared between them.

Now they're heading to Cabin 3 for whatever after-party they are planning. Travis just hopes nothing to drama will happened. And he knows things will never go along with his thought.

*

"Oh, here they are." Connor said. Travis looked around the room, the people here is the gang they are familiar with, that's the good thing. The bad thing is they know exactly how to tick him off. He flopped himself next to Connor and he saw Katie settle down between Piper and Nyssa. If they noticed him and Katie got here together, they didn't say anything. But he guessed Percy and Annabeth already told them what they saw at the beach earlier.

"When it comes to party —" Piper started.

"Disco ball!" Leo yelled and show one in his hand.

"Yeah, that too." Piper chuckled.

"Drinks!" Will suggested.

"No, we don't have that." Annabeth tells him, "Aren't you a doctor and under 18?"

"Guys! It's true and dare!" Piper cut off the random conversation going through the crowd before it's out of control, people groaned at her idea. "Come on, we all know how to mess with each other, it will be fun!" She looked around the circle and he have a bad feeling about this.

"Just don't say something like 'keep your hands off Annabeth for 5 minutes' then I'm good." Percy murmured.

"You know what, we're going to do that one, thanks for the idea!" Malcolm snickered.

"We don't have a bottle or something." Rachel said.

"It's fine, just do in circles." Piper tells everyone. "Let's start with... Annabeth!"

"Okay, Truth."

"What happened at the stables?"

"Gods, we told you—"

"Care to fill us the background story?" Will cut in.

"Okay, this is epic. This is one normal morning on the Argo II, we are having breakfast but these two," Leo pointed at the couple, "Didn't show up. We thought they were kidnapped you know, it's quite popular at then. And we end up finding them at the stables, cuddling." Everyone burst into laughter when Leo finished. Malcolm looks like he wants to choked Percy to dead, and the main characters of the story wants to dig a hole.