| c h a p t e r 4 |

Ω The scent that triggers a thought Ω

-Travis-

"Why did you go get Katie for dinner?" Connor asked as soon as Travis walk to the Hermes table.

"Someone here is in love!"

"He is wooing her, obviously" Some of his siblings said.

"Drop it!" Travis snapped and flopped down at the table. People burst into laughter.

"I'm going to ask something to you." He turned to his brother.

"What's wrong?"

"So, I pissed Katie off but I really don't know why. She only said it's about the conversation we had this morning and she will act like a bitch until I find out, which is—"

"Hold up, what conversation?"

"Oh, I left off that part." He told Connor about the talk they had. When he finished, Connor looked at him in shocked.

"Did you really use the word 'hate' to her in front of her face?" Travis nodded. "Gods. You're hopeless. You better say sorry as soon as possible, it's incredible that you are still alive now."

"What's wrong what that, I'm afraid she gets the wrong idea about the whole thing. Besides, she hates me, what's the harm? She often said she hate me when she's mad at our prank!" He really didn't get the point.

"You are in a serious talking, when she said that it's just part of her outburst, you can't count the. No one use to word 'hate' in front the person you are mentioning, and she doesn't really hate you."

"What—"

"According to the affair you had last night, I even think she had a thing for you and you just spoil it. Now I think that you are a top-class idiot." He opened and closed his mouth like a fish on shore, he's shocked by Connor's literature.

He never thought that she will be harm by his words.

He rested his eyes on Katie across the room, suddenly realized that she is looking directly at him. He sheepishly gives her a small nod. Connor's words linger in his head, now he feels like his is an ass. Katie asked to talk to him, and he went to tell her he hates her. A real dick move. He is gonna apologize to her tonight, hoping he will be forgiven.

Life couldn't be better.

*

When the alarm at his bedside table points at eleven, he left the room through the window. Taking the same path like yesterday and get himself to Katie's bedroom. She didn't move when he landed at the floor, not even a flinch. He took a deep breathe, prepared the words in his mind. The sooner they finish this, the sooner they can have rest.

"Do you have any idea what you did?" Katie sounds tired when the words come out her mouth, her voice set a barrier between him and her while he settled himself in her chair near her bed but not in hand-reach.

"Yes, I figured."

"Are you going to say anything about it?"

"I'm sorry that I said those words to you, and I hope you can forgive me. You can be mad when I prank you or suggest the bet, but this is something I want to beg for forgiveness." He looked down at his hand, giving out a deep sighed. Then he heard the sound of shifting for the first time he got in here tonight, he looked up. Katie turned her body and sat up in her bed, she set her glaze at his face, trying to track down any lies but found none.

"Do you hate me?" She asked. He blinked in disbelief. The idea of her thinking that he hates her is really killing him. Her words, four simple letters, are like arrows piercing through the air, leaving an invisible scar on his mind. While he already left her's when he told her that they each other this morning.