| c h a p t e r 1 |

Ω It all starts with two dreams Ω

-Travis-

The bridge is broken. People are screaming everywhere, and a brown hair in French braid is nowhere in sight. He heard that she's been requested to hold the tunnel, still, not seeing her presence makes him panic.

Travis tried to stay calm as the time pass by but he hardly success. Pacing back and forth at the head-quarters, hoping someone will bring him the news of a certain daughter of Demeter.

"Hey, she is one of the most skilled and powerful among us, she will be fine." said Conner.

Of course he know, but there is a feeling deep in the gut tell him that something is wrong. The only reason he hadn't rush to the tunnel is because Percy told him not to. They don't need to lose more fighters while they're outnumbered.

"All cabin 4 is out of the tunnel!" Someone yelled. Thank gods, he thought. A bunch of running figures appeared, led by Katie Gardner, the person he been longing for. Suddenly, a large monster running full speed towards her.

A hellhound.

"At your right!" he yelled. Trying to alert the person but it's too late. A high pitch scream sent thrills down to his spine while the figure collapse. Before he thinks, he raged towards the monster and it turned into a pile of golden dust.

People parted the way for him as he rushes to Katie's side. Thought most time in camp they're always pranking and bickering, but even the Athena kids can tell that they care for each other.

Travis kneeled down to reach her, wishing the vision in front of him is just a blur. Him wiped the blood from her lips with his thumb and gives her a weak smile, tears shimmering in the ice-blue eyes and the usual brightness in them seems to come back a little in the moment.

"Katie-Kat, please, stay with me" Travis said, voice trembling. Katie's body lying in his arms, the Apollo kids managed to fed her some Nectar but it didn't had much effect.

"Hey, Trav...is....I.... " Katie choked with her own blood while trying to talk.

"Hey... Katie-Kat, you will be fine. Everything will be okay...shhh...you don't need to talk, just stay with me will you?" Travis begged with tears rolling down his face.

"Trav, I..I..love you" and those are Katie's last words as she faded in his arms. Travis let out a heart broken cry and his vision begin to black out.

Travis panic and woke up, bear chest covered with sweat, eyes filled with tears, heart pounding, he blinked. Looking around the room and realized that his was in his bed, on the other side of the room is Connor snoring slightly in his sleep. Travis opens the window of their room, feeling the night wind blows towards his face as his heart steady its pace.

After the titan war and Gaia war, nightmares are worse than before to everyone, mostly the Seven, he just never thought he would be one of them.

People he cares dying in the dream isn't rare, sometimes Percy, sometimes Annabeth, most of the time it's Conner or Katie, and the ones with Katie are usually the worst.

There been times Katie died under a sword, and some dying in a explosion. But this is different, she died in his arms, and it's the first time she had those last words for him. The feeling is so true that his hands are still shaking, his breath unstable. He needs to know that she is safe, now.

In every campers' eyes, they were sworn enemies, he pranks and she yells. Every single morning people gathered around just to see the morning drama. Only he knows deep down in heart that he likes, no, loves her. The whole pranking activity is just a way to catch her attention, somehow this strategy is working at its justice.