| c h a p t e r 5 |

Ω When a prank is no longer just a prank Ω

-Katie-

Today is April Fool's Day. A day you need to be really careful with the Stolls. And with one of them sleeping in your bedroom, you can't expect anything better.

Katie woke up with a loud noise ringing through the camp, just as she began to wonder what happened, she remembered today is April Fool's Day. Then she started to hear cusses all over the Cabins. The Stoll decided this year's camp prank is set every single person's alarm at 6am and turn it to the loudest.

Until Katie noticed that her alarm is normal, she knew something is wrong. Travis is preparing a special prank for her. But the day when on just fine. No water pouring down on her head. No chocolate bunnies on her cabin roof. No mud on her room floor. No strange color dye in her shampoo. Even her plants are as good as usual.

"Travis, do you care to explain?" Katie called him when they cross path at the arena in the afternoon.

"About what, Katie-Kat?" He sounded delighted; defiantly planning something.

"My alarm isn't set up by you guys."

"Are you are saying that you are willing to have your alarm ringing out loud at 6 every morning? I'm happy to do the favor"

"No! You know what, never mind. Just keep doing you sword fight."

So, when Travis didn't come to room at night, she didn't feel suspicious. He has been acting strange to her the whole day, though she is a little anxious about not getting any kind of pranks, it's good not dealing with those things. After leaving a note on her table, she quit waiting for him and went to sleep.

That's when all hell break loose.

*

She has a nightmare, again. With Travis sleeping by her side these days, she almost forgot how having them feels like, almost.

She was ten years old again. Monsters started to find her and this time it is on her way home. When she showed up with scratches on her hands and knees, her father questioned her.

"Do you think I sent you to school so you can have fight?"

"No! I didn't —"

"You better have a good excuse."

"I have these because a monster is chasing me!"

"What monster? There is no such thing on the world! Don't lie to me girl."

"Yes, there are! The monster I saw today only have one eye!"

"You know what, maybe I should just you send to see if you have some mental issues." Her dad grabbed for her hand and forcing her to follow him. Katie kicked and scream to let go, but a ten years old girl stands no chance against an adult. She finally succeeds when the man loosens his grip as he took out the key to unlock the door. Katie ran into the house, buying herself sometime, also knowing she can't pass the front door without getting caught.

"Come back at once!" Her father shouted.

"No!" Suddenly, vines from the garden outside climbed into the house, grabbing the man's ankle, prevent him from getting near Katie.

"Stop doing the witchcraft!"

Katie ran upstairs and locked herself in her own room. The branch of the tree outside her window reached in, climbing around the walls, until in whole room looks like a treehouse in the middle of a jungle. When she was smaller, she used to think that being locked in a room is scary. She knew that if her just ran away, the police will just send her back here, her person hell. So now this is the only way she can escape from her father. A week after this, a satyr showed up and took her to Camp Half Blood.