Chapter 32

Matt Murdock walked around his apartment, carrying furniture and placing them in their new homes. He clicked his tongue, trailing his hand along the new places and sitting down.

His bed was now in the living room, and a new bed frame and mattress were in the bedroom. Matt leaned his head back, closing his eyes as he focused on the world around him. He hoped this would be enough, making the space safe and...

And a home for a teenage boy. Matt wanted to bring Jasper home. An exhale pushed from his pressed lips as he lifted his head off the back of the couch as his phone buzzed beside him. His phone notified him it was CPS. He answered the phone and replied to her quick questions with his own quick answers.

What came from the speaker made his heart stop. "Once I speak to Jasper personally, if he agrees. You can bring him home. Congratulations Mr. Murdock. I hope this is good news," she spoke. Matt couldn't be happier.

----------------------------------------

Jasper leaned against the wall as he watched the students flood the halls and dart toward friends and couples. He huffed slightly and pulled his hat back on his head, brushing his hair out of his face. He kept his eyes out for one girl.

After what felt like an hour, which was truly only 20 minutes, he noticed Elise walk to her locker and open it up. Her brown curly hair was braided tight and out of the way as she filled her arms with books. She turned and froze as Jasper met her where she turned.

"Can we talk?" Jasper asked, looking down at her. Elise adjusted her books and hesitantly nodded.

"Real quick, I got math," Elise responded quietly before leading him outside. Jasper sighed shakily and followed her out, dodging other students as they rushed inside.

Elise pulled him aside and lead him into a corner where they won't be disturbed. She turned to him, pushing her hair behind her ear. Jasper never knew someone with such long locks, her hair down to her hips.

"What's up, Jasper?" Elise asked, holding her books to her chest. Jasper gulped, shifting from one foot to another before he spoke. He felt like he was shrinking the words came from his mouth.

"You sent that video... you know what video..." he whispered, looking down at the ground before he emphasized 'know'. "Why.. why did you send it to me?" he asked quietly, looking back at her. Elise exhaled shakily, her hands gripping her books.

"Because... because he kept bragging about it... to.." she glanced over his shoulder, her nervousness radiating off her as she continued. "He kept telling our dad... and.., I hate that he felt proud about it... he thought he would be happy," she whispered. "He wasn't... " she muttered, alluding to what Jasper knew all too well. Jasper sighed shakily, his hands shaking.

"What do you want me to do," Jasper stated, keeping his rage contained, he could see how... hurt she was. He saw his sister in her eyes. Elise looked up at his eyes. She clenched her jaw and took a step towards him.

"Make it right... it isn't Jake's fault for our upbringing but those were his actions," She said firmly. "Do what you think is right," she said gently as she cracked a small smile. She touched his arm and gave a small squeeze. "Tell Quinn I say hi," she said before leaving to class. Jasper turned as she walked off and leaned against the wall. He pulled his phone out and looked at the message, the blurry video icon blurring as tears formed. Jasper sighed shakily as he pulled up to the call icon and held his phone up to his ear.

The tone rang for a few moments before being picked up.

"Hey Matt... I need to talk to you about something, can we meet after school?"