Chapter 10

Matt sat at the bar with Foggy and Karen, smiling as they discussed conversation topics. "I don't think the kid could beat me," Foggy stated. "I'm the reigning champ at Pool," he exclaimed, Karen and Matt's laughter filling the air.

"Matt beat you though!" Karen stated, sipping on her beer.

"He doesn't count!" Foggy shot back. Matt laughed and rubbed his face. He went to speak but felt his phone buzzing. He furrowed his brows and pulled his phone out.

"Excuse me guys," he stated and took himself outside. He listened to the identifying contact and raised a brow. He pressed the answer key and held the phone up to his ear. "Jasper? You okay?" he asked.

"Hi uh my name is Quinn, I'm a friend of Jaspers" Quinn spoke, sitting beside an unconscious Jasper. "Are you Jasper's dad or do you know how I can get in contact with him at all?" she asked.

Matt gulped. "I'm his boss at work, all I know is that he and his father don't have a good relationship" he stated. "What's going on?" he asked.

Quinn sighed shakily, her hand shaking. "I think someone drugged his drink and... And he... my mom is a doctor and I brought him here, is there anyone I can call for him? The only contacts he has are you and his sister" she stated. Matt sighed and nodded.

"I don't know anyone else," he admitted. "I'll come in, check on him" he stated. Quinn sighed in relief.

"Thank you..." she said softly before hanging up. He sighed and walked back into the bar.

"What's up buttercup?" Foggy stated as he walked back.

"Jasper's at the hospital" Matt stated. "I'm gonna check in on him" he stated. Karen gasped, her eyes softening.

"I'll come with," she said softly, getting up. Foggy nodded, getting up.

"I'm coming to," he stated, grabbing his coat. Matt sighed and nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt followed Karen as they walked into the hospital foyer. They walked in and spoke to the receptionist, seeing where they could find Jasper. A nurse walked down the hall and stopped a few paces from the two. "Mr. Murdock?" she asked, holding her clipboard. Matt turned his head and smiled a bit.

"Nurse Carter." He stated. She smiled and nodded.

"Nice to see you in one piece, Matt," she said gently, her voice lowing as she spoke before continuing at a normal volume. "Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked.

"We're looking for Jasper Cole, a friend of his brought him in early tonight" Matt explained.

"My daughter Quinn, follow me" She stated before leading the way. Karen followed behind her, Matt's arm hooked with hers. Nurse Carter led them through the ER and into one of the rooms. "He's not awake yet but I'm sure he'll be awake soon," she explained. Quinn looked up as they walked in, her hand holding Jasper's gently.

"Thank you, Nurse Carter," Karen stated.

"Please call me Caroline, I've told Matt that enough times," Caroline stated. Matt sat beside Quinn and she handed him Jasper's hand.

"What happened?" Matt asked, holding his hand gently. His thumb gently rubbed over his knuckles. Quinn gulped and got up. She muttered quietly to her mother before leaving the adults alone to speak. Caroline sighed and closed the door.

"Quinn found him undressed and bleeding. I did tests and I found two sets of DNA on him," she explained. "He also had ketamine in his system.." Karen sighed shakily, sitting beside Matt.

"He was raped.." she whispered, looking up at Caroline. Caroline sighed and nodded.

"Quinn told me rumors that went around their high school about his sexual identity and that he's had severe bullying because of it." She continued. "I also believe there could be more going on," she stated. "When going over a physical exam, we lifted his shirt and," she walked over to his side and pulled his nightgown up. Jasper's ribs were a dark shade of purple, the bruising only getting dark as it fully formed. "This looks a few hours old, intense bruising over his ribs," she stated. "Also a black cheekbone going up into his eye" she described for Matt.

"He didn't have those this morning did he?" Karen asked. Matt shook his head.

"No, Foggy would have said something if he did," Matt stated. Karen sighed shakily.

"What can we do to help?" Karen asked. Caroline sighed.

"When he wakes up talk to him," she stated. "From there... You figure it out.." she said softly before leaving. Matt sighed and leaned his head against Jasper's hand.

"He's the same kid at the bust... the same one I told you about... his dad..." he muttered. "I had to stop myself from following because I know they'll get split up..." he whispered. Karen sighed and rubbed his shoulder.

"We'll figure something out..." she said softly. Matt nodded and sighed shakily.

"Matt?" Matt's head shot up along with Karen's. Jasper's eyes slowly opened, his voice raspy.