'Grumpy'

Kim Dokja's POV

I keep getting into this kind of situation when I'm with Joonghyuk.

When will this end..?

"Uhm, a friend sir.- I mean a friend, uncle." He looks at him with a compelling gaze. With a hope of keeping the conversation short so he can talk to Joonghyuk, like he planned to.

"Are you sure?" The man's eyes narrowed closer to him. His full attention pointed at Dokja.

"Yes.." He swallowed. 

Why is he looking at me like this..

.. 

And why does he look like Joonghyuk?! 

His eyes were forced to avert away from Mr. Yoo's. It was too strong. The way he looked intently expecting for an answer.

Dokja couldn't speak further. And a pit of quiet and silent rings filled his head and the room. 

Stop looking stop looking stop looking stop looking..

He gulped.

Then the man leaned back and smirked. Like it was part of his goal to do that. His voice broke the silence. 

"I see."

Dokja looked back at him, expecting more with his response. Anticipating another weird and direct question.

What?

He held his breath. Refusing to sigh in relief, worried that the moment will return with another direct question.

Mr. Yoo smiled and gazed at Dokja and the untouched teacup in front of him. "Is the tea not to your liking?" 

"N-no uncle.." His hands quickly pick the teacup up. Taking a quick sip and smiling uncomfortably. The hair at the back of his neck clearly standing.

"You know, Joonghyuk and I used to be close.."

"O-oh?" His attention turned back to Mr. Yoo as he carefully put the teacup down. 

Used to..

"He often smiled, jumped, and did all sorts of cheery things." Mr. Yoo leaned back. Gazing at the dull space in front of him.

Joonghyuk did?

"I remember when he used to tug on my shirt and ask me to play with him." A small nod came from the man as his eyes fixed down to the table. "But he's changed."

"He's.. grown..?" Dokja mumbles while looking at the older Joonghyuk.

"Yes, that. He has indeed. I can't believe it."

...

"It pains me to see my little boy standing in front of me. Looking at me with his eyes. It feels like I'm looking at the mirror, with my teenage self reflected."

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

"I haven't talked to Joonghyuk in a long time. Not a proper talk at least."

Where is he taking this talk..

The man looked at Dokja, who was staring intently at him while listening. "My son is all grown up." Pain reflected his eyes. 

What should I say..

Do I.. comfort him..?

Silence again fills the room.

Both making eye contact, Dokja finds himself unable to look away. Breaking the gaze would seem rude.. but at the same time it felt wrong to do so. 

Mr. Yoo's eyes piled water as a droplet began falling down his cheek. His eyes were lost, he was lost. Dokja could feel a strange aura moving towards him as he kept looking at Mr. Yoo's familiar eyes. It was so difficult. What can he do when the man resembling his crush was looking at him so deeply yet so painfully?