'I'll protect you'

Kim Dokja's POV

They arrive quite early and only a few students are on campus. As they reach their classroom, Joonghyuk puts his bag down on his seat and walks over to Dokja who does the same.

"So about being jealous.."

"I'm not." Dokja avoids him and walks towards the class door.

"Seolhwa and I broke up since she had to go abroad for personal reasons. It's been a year since we last saw each other. If you're jealous of something from that, I'm not sure why you would be." His voice sounded serious but unlike him.

"I told you, I'm not.. Why are you telling me this?" Dokja stops near the class door.

"I thought you'd like to know."

"Why would I want to-" He turned around. Only to see Joonghyuk right behind him, looking slightly down at Dokja. Joonghyuk smiles as he stares into his eyes.

"Are you good now?" His deep voice with a touch of softness makes it unbearable for Dokja. Feeling his heart pound continuously while he listens to Joonghyuk. He takes a step back, but then Joonghyuk stops him by moving closer.

He doesn't utter anything but waits for Dokja's response. His hand holding the door frame as he looks at Dokja with sincere eyes.

"Yes." Dokja whispers. He swallows as he expects Joonghyuk to return to his seat but then Joonghyuk smiles instead.

"Good."

Kim Dokja pull yourself together.

Then Joonghyuk raises an eyebrow. He lets out a soft but quick chuckle before moving back to sit on his seat. "Next time, you can tell me what's wrong. I won't grab you like that again." He pulls back his chair and looks across the room where Dokja's still standing. Frozen in place as he processes the event that just happened.

I like Joonghyuk.

His heart races more as he walks out the classroom slowly. Placing his hand firmly on his chest as he shuts his lips and blinks a few times. He paces in front of the classroom, checking the time.

Dokja immediately takes out his phone to check the time, only to see it's still quite early for more students to arrive.

"Kim Dokja-" Joonghyuk exits the classroom to see Dokja pacing.

"What...?" His immediate response is to hide his face. Afraid that his expression may be obvious.

"Where are you going?"

"Nowhere.. Just go back inside."

"Okay." Joonghyuk leaves him be.

I like him. I think I do. And this time, it's no joke.

Taking a deep breath, he leans back on the wall and sits down. Arms wrapping his legs as his lips can't help but stretch ear to ear.

...

..

.

Yoo Joonghyuk's POV

A chuckle escapes his lips as he walks back to his seat. In the empty classroom, he looks in front of him, where Dokja's stuff are placed. Then he looks out the window seeing the amount of students entering the campus, but his thoughts floating elsewhere.

A slight smile forms on his face.

I finally got to talk to him.

I wonder what's on his mind now.

A few students enter the classroom, but Dokja is out of sight.

Where'd that guy go now.

"Joonghyuk! What happened to Dokja?" The girl in the pony tail rushes in the classroom, pushing past the students.