Volume 1 - Ch. 6 Negotiation

Start from the beginning

"But that requires some knowledge."

"Hah, with three days, you can manage somehow."

Ryuen-kun is not stupid. If he studies seriously, he can achieve decent grades. But for him, studying is a waste of time, believing in "violence" as he does.

"So, tell me already. Who are you planning to meet?"

There's no choice. I don't need to make a big deal out of it.

Well, he probably has some idea, and it's time for the answer check.

I was about to tell Ryuen-kun about the person I'm looking for, but I stopped.

The door to the student council room opened.

"What are you doing here?"

A male student came out of the room and approached us.

He has neatly arranged features and blond hair, and although he's somewhat slim, he has a solid build. He's probably about the same height as Ryuen-kun.

I thought he came out to reprimand us for talking in front of the student council room, but apparently, it's something else.

When he opened the door, he seemed momentarily surprised to see someone nearby. So it must be a coincidence.

"You have nothing to do with this."

"You're unfamiliar faces. Are you first-years, perhaps? But there's no need to come during the test period. What's your purpose?"

I couldn't help but feel suspicious of this incredibly distrustful guy and his selfish speculations.

With that in mind, I respond to his gaze with a puzzled expression.

"It's not as grand as you think. I just need to talk to someone."

"Someone? Is it someone from the student council?"

"Yes, but I don't need your help."

"Hmm, you're not a cute junior, are you? If I lend you a hand now, it's more likely that we won't waste time."

"No need. They'll come eventually."

"Tch, disappointing. You're such a boring person, Ryuuen Kakeru-kun."

"Hah, how dull. Your expectations mean nothing, trash."

"Trash, huh? You think you're the boss monkey, but turned out to be a frog? Your name is a real disappointment."

"Oh, an ignorant frog, huh... Kukukuh, no difference. But it seems we're the same in that regard, trashy boy."

This exchange suddenly started, and it's so typical of them.

But right now, Ryuen-kun's gaze is not on the guy in front of us but on me. I see, it seems like he has grown a little.

The "fear" I imparted seems to have crushed his weakness of overestimating his own abilities.

Of course, that's probably not the only thing he overcame. It would be premature to think that's all there is to it.

The arrogant guy keeps his gaze fixed on me, seeking my agreement. His self-confidence surpasses even Ryuen-kun's.

And he's really persistent. He seems to have too much free time. Since it's the week of exams, he should go home and study already.

While thinking that, I realize I need to respond to his question.

"Kukukuh, I have no business with a small fry like you."

Ryuen-kun adds unnecessary remarks. But let's just say it saved us some trouble.