Final Contact

Blake's POV

We escaped the first aid room after the doors opened. All of us made it out, and while most of us were injured, we escaped without any further injuries. Kat was still unconscious, and showeed no signs of waking up.

Suddenly, we see Liv getting thrown out of a door by two guards. Quickly thinking, Ace uses his other hand to take aim at both guards and lands a headshot on both, killing them. I run over to Liv, noticing she's crying.

"Liv, are you ok? What happened? Where's Amanda?"

She says nothing, and her crying continues. However, it suddenly starts fading, and gets replaced by laughter. An almost sinister laugh.

"Liv?"

She holds out her hand, revealling two contact lenses in her hands. We recognise them as the same ones we saw in Wilfred's eyes. Then, she finally starts talking.

"That fucker has no idea what's about to happen."

It had all worked.
Now for the execution.

Amanda's POV

After what felt like an eternity, we arrive at the same room, and my handcuffs are undone. Soon after, I am sat down in the chair and Lewis attempts to fasten the straps. However, it doesn't work. They were destroyed when we freed Kat. Searching for an alternative, he sees a roll of duct tape, instead using those. Standing back, I wait for the process to begin.

But it doesn't.

He just laughs.

"You really expected me to accept that? That's insulting. You really think I want a replacement for my son? No, I want to make sure what took my son's life never harms anyone again."
"You killed your daughter."
"You have no right to talk about what happened to him."
"So, what's your plan now? Turn my mind into a boy's one?"
"Oh, no. I plan something much quicker, and much more permanent. I wipe your mind completely."

what?

"That's right. Gone. Completely. Reset back to that of a newborn. You forget every function, you can't walk, speak, you can't even breathe. You'll be dead in seconds. And you won't know what happened."
"You can't do this."
"And letting your friends go? I'll let them think they've won, but those guards are gonna pull in any second now. You really thought you did something, didn't you?"
"We didn't agree to this! You fucking lied to me!"
"I think that's enough of that."

He walks forward and duct tapes my mouth shut.

"If only you were that quiet normally. Now, I presume you know how this works. The lights from that screen will shine bright enough to bounce off walls and will join with the vibrations in the brain to alter your mind, right?"
I nod.
"Well, in this case, the vibrations will be much more violent. You will feel a headache before it begins as the signals mix. Then you fall unconscious. An hour later, you wake up, then die quickly thereafter. I'm sure you understand that."
I stay still.
"This is where it ends, Amanda. All of this rebellion, this bloodshed, this trauma, it was all for nothing. You won't even remember it happened. The cycle you fell victim to will continue to claim more victims long after you're dead, including your friends. Besides, I've got some others to take care of. The government's breathing down my neck to take out that girl from the Lawton murders. She's been causing them way too much bad press. Who knows, maybe after Blake, we'll go after his band member, too. What was her name again, Zara? Not after we're done with her. And the best part is knowing we survived. You can't stop us."

He walks over to the machine.

"Goodbye, Amanda. I won't remember you, and I certainly won't remember you."