Monster VS Monster

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS GRIEF, GUILT-TRIPPING, PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE, AND  VERY STRONG VIOLENCE.

THE VIOLENCE FEATURED IN THIS CHAPTER IS NOT GLAMOURISED IN ANY WAY. THIS WORK AS A WHOLE DOES NOT CONDONE MURDER.

THE VIOLENCE CONTAINED IN THIS CHAPTER IS GRAPHIC. IIT IS GORY. IT IS DETAILED. IT IS DISTURBING. IT CAN EVEN BE DESCRIBED AS SADISTIC.

IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER READERS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I'VE LOST TOO MUCH.
WE'VE LOST TOO MUCH.
HE NEEDS TO DIE.

Elliott's POV

I continue my aimless search for the man who killed my brother. That's my last goal. Once he dies, I don't have any reason to stay here. No way that the others are gonna understand why I killed Bill. Brainwashing like that isn't just erased with one hit, and if blunt trauma did undo it, then Bill would have had to sustain lethal amounts of brain damage for it to work. He was dead either way.

Did I go over the top with the kill? Considering that the only other really brutal murder I've comitted was an officer who tried to capture us, I don't think so. Although, it wasn't the kid's fault he killed Jules, but that kid was long gone, and Bill wasn't who I was facing when I caved his head in.

I will admit one thing, though. Threatening Nyla like that did cross the line. Sure, she never really got where I was coming from, but I did just kill her boyfriend. The anger was reasonable, even if she was wrong. But raising a brick that I just used on Bill at her was a step too far. Well, I've apologised for that, so no need to revisit it.

As I search, I pass through multiple gruesome scenes, noting the three of the five leaders who didn't make it.

First up: Carol. I find her with a hammer through her skull and her neck sawed open. I've got to admit, I'm kinda amazed by how violent some of these were. Even some of the guards I've seen look evicerated, even if by one or two hits.

Next: Wilfred. His face is almost unrecogniable, the knife marks have warped it beyond looking human. Goes to show what rage can do in the moment. I'd know, I've done it twice.

But the final body I see is probably the most satisfying, as I see Andrew's decapitated head on a broken croquet bat. Hearts are carved round his eyes and his tongue is just laying there on the floor, severed from his mouth. A broken axe case gives me enough information to tell me Liv was the one who did it. Even if I only knew them for three days, I feel good for all of them. Even Nyla, I guess. They've almost done it. Also, if I see Liv, I really gotta congratulate her on this, and thank her for the ideas.

Eventually, my search brings me to a dark room. At the centre, a chair. In the chair, an obscured figure.

"Who are you?" I call out into the shadows.
"So, you've come for revenge." he calls back. I think I've found him.
"How would you know?"
"You really think we'd use a VHS player and old monitor to run our CCTV? It's been in the other room the whole time, and I saw everything."
"Is your name Clyde?"
"It is, Elliott. I presume you're looking for me for a reason."
"Don't toy with me you sick fuck. You know why I'm here."
"Yes, Mark."
"Do you know what you did when you pushed him into a pool? You doomed yourself. You ruined me. I was Mark's closest ally. I protected him through everything. I wouldn't let anyone harm him. But you took him from me. Forever."
"Then maybe you should have been a better protector."
"Don't fucking lecture me on how to help someone you psycho."
"But I'm right, aren't I? You should have looked into his dissapearance. You should have connected the dots. If you think about it, you weren't protective enough-"